Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Metadata Panel - Resolve Conflict?

Sep 19, 2010 9:14 PM

In the Metadata panel, when Metadata Status is “Up to Date”, why does LR still display the “Resolve Conflict” button to the right.  Is this normal behavior for LR 3.2? I tried both Save Metadata to File and Read Metadata from File, and the Resolve Conflict button stills shows.  Clicking on Resolve Conflict does not appear to do anything.

Mac OS X, ver 10.6.4

Metadata Panel.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 20, 2010 8:10 PM   in reply to John Vargas

John,

I think (never certain of course) that this is simply the "Resolve Conflict" button and since it is not labeled anywhere, hovering over it simply tells you the purpose of that button.  I don't think it changes title regardless of what state the metadata is in.  If there is a conflict, as seen from the metadata icon on the image in grid view, this would be the button to hit to bring up the resolve conflict message box.

Maybe ?

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 21, 2010 8:15 PM   in reply to John Vargas

I don't think this is unique for 3.2, it is simply an embedded comment that pops up when you hover over the little icon.  If the metadata state was not up to date or the thumbnail badge had a "?" in it, then this icon/button would be pushed in order to resolve the conflict.  Clicking the badge on the thumbnail brings us the same resolve conflict dialog box as well (as far as I can remember).

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2010 9:03 AM   in reply to John Vargas

John Vargas wrote:

On all three thumbnails, pressing the Metadata Panel: Metadata Status field icon on the right (resolve conflict) did not perform any action.  Nothing happens when you click on it.

It's a bug and I've logged it.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2010 1:53 PM   in reply to Ian Lyons

I wonder if there's any news on this bug front?

I liked the way that button, in LR2.x actually did update the file.

When working on a number of images in the Metadata panel, it was quite handy.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2010 2:07 PM   in reply to bshamilton

bshamilton wrote:

I wonder if there's any news on this bug front?

I liked the way that button, in LR2.x actually did update the file.

When working on a number of images in the Metadata panel, it was quite handy.

No change!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points