Skip navigation
jlfairchild
Currently Being Moderated

Error Message - OPSUFont0 contains bad widths

Sep 29, 2010 7:49 AM

I've been receiving this error message when I open PDFs sent to me by staff.  Has anyone else received this particular error message, or know anything about how to fix the pdf or correct it at the process end.  In most cases, the PDFs contain scanned pages of both type and handwritten text.  In one instance I believe the error was caused/introduced when staff combined several PDFs into one.  When I asked for individual PDFs the problem was not reproduced.  However, in another instance, the error was reproduced.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  We currently use Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.3.4.

Here is the property detail of the font:

OPSUFont0

Type: Type 1

Encoding: Custom

Actual Font: Adobe Sans MM

Actual Font Type: Type 1

I know that Adobe Sans MM is a substitution font when the original font is not available.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

jessica

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 16, 2010 8:34 AM   in reply to jlfairchild

Did you ever find a solution or workaround for this?  We're having the same problem.  That and an unspecified "Bad parameter."

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2010 9:42 AM   in reply to jlfairchild

Well, I tried breaking down the second of the files to be combined and adding it page by page to the first file, and running the accessibility check after each one.  No errors until I added page 15, at which point it gave the error immediately upon importing as well as when I ran the check.  In other words, it is definitely a localized problem based in one or more specific pages.  I'll give more information as I proceed, but at present my best guess at a solution is to retag or replace that page.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2010 12:09 PM   in reply to jlfairchild

Okay, yeah, the solution seems to be:

1. Extract all the pages of the file to be added as separate files.
    2. Insert them one at a time, checking for errors and then saving after each success.
    3. When you hit one that generates an error, make a note of it, revert, and skip that page.
    4. Extract as a single file all the pages after the page that generated the error, and try inserting that file and see if you get an error.  If so, revert and repeat steps 2-4.  If not, it'll save a lot of time.
    5. Once you've determined the problem pages, recreate and insert those.

A potentially faster method for long documents would be to extract as a single file half the pages of the problem file, and if that half has the error, then half of those, and so on until you've narrowed it down to the right page(s).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points