Skip navigation
ah sai
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe CS 2 can support windows 7 or not ? Please help & advise !

Sep 29, 2010 9:59 PM

Hi All,

I am use windows 7 professional, Processor Core 2 Quad, 4GB RAM. After completed install Adobe CS2, activated from internet but I can't use the Adobe Photoshop CS2 & Adobe Illustrator CS2.

i.    When I open the Adobe Photoshop will prompt the message error is “ Your Adobe Photoshop user name, organization, or serial number is missing or invalid. The application cannot continue and must now exit”.

ii.    If I open the adobe illustrator will automatic close it.

When I use windows xp professional is no problem.
Some people can help me & what I can do ! You's advise is important for me. Thanks !!!

Photoshop error1.JPG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 30, 2010 3:30 AM   in reply to ah sai

CS2 can run on Windows 7.

The Adobe installer will poop out on the installation path with parentheses so instead of the path "C:/Program File (x86)/Adobe" you need to install it to "C:/Progra~2/Adobe". Once installed, you can right-click on the Photoshop EXE to set the preference to run as an administrator and to run with XP compatibility.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/331/331741.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 30, 2010 6:06 AM   in reply to ah sai

In addition to what Marian has said, you can be sure Photoshop CS2 has no awareness of Windows 7's UAC (User Account Control) feature, because it's so much older, so when Photoshop is trying to write files into its installation area or protected parts of the registry, it may fail.  What I don't know is whether Microsoft's installer subsystem recognizes the Adobe CS2 installer and makes the appropriate decisions (it does this for many apps).  You may need to use "Run As Administrator" or lower the UAC protection level on your system to get both the installer and application to work properly.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2010 8:59 AM   in reply to ah sai

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 30, 2010 9:15 AM   in reply to John T Smith

People suggest Virtual XP but that shouldn't be a first choice...  Photoshop will be far better integrated if it can be made to run under the new OS natively.  I know that Photoshop CS2 can be made to run under Vista x64 and that Photoshop 6.0 can run under Windows 7 x64 by my own personal experience, which means that there's a pretty good chance Photoshop CS2 can run under Windows 7 without virtualization.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2010 10:01 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Noel Carboni wrote:

People suggest Virtual XP but that shouldn't be a first choice...

A VM doesn't really need to be any choice. CS2 can run natively in Win7. I'm doing it now.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 30, 2010 10:26 AM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

Out of curiosity, do you run with UAC disabled, Marian?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 30, 2010 12:12 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

The computer that I am at right now has UAC notifications disabled (set to 'never notify'). I work on other systems where it is fully enabled. I can't recall problems with it either way.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,523 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Sep 30, 2010 5:34 PM   in reply to Marian Driscoll

Set that way (Notifications Disabled) it's off.  You are running as an admin full time and all the magic crap that happens where Windows waylays your application's attempts to write in different "newly verboten" places is turned off.  Most knowledgeable people end up turning UAC off.  I suspected you had done the same.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points