Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Highlight Text tool not enabled

Participant ,
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded some open XML specification PDF/A documents (PDF version 1.4, created using MS office word 2007) from w3c website. I wanted to use the text highlighter tool to highlight the important portions so that I can refer to them later quickly but found that the tool is disabled. I even tried converting the PDF to a newer version (1.6, 1.7) and to PDF/X etc. but nothing helped.

When I see the Security Method it says "No Security" and everything (printing, editing, commenting) is "Allowed".

I don;t know how to enable the tool. Other editing related tools are also disabled (Text edit, Add Sticky note etc. )

Is this document protected, if yes then why is it saying "No Security", and is there a way to unprotect it so that I can highlight the text in it.

Regards

Rahul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Is the PDF/A mode active?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the PDF/A mode active?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for the tip, I just disabled PDF/A mode through Edit-> Preferences-> Document and now all the editing tools are enabled.

Regards

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deactivate Pdf/A mode. Even now highlight text is not working. Please help me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you select text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem (Highlight and other tools grayed out, no security restrictions in place), but when I try to find Edit>Preferences>Document to turn off PDF/A, that choice does not appear in the menu. The only mention of PDF/A in the help guide for my version of Acrobat is in "new features" and it does not tell me how to find this. How can I enable editing? I did not originate the document.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines