• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot save 'Global Storage Settings' in Flash 10- Win7

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a rough time with flash at the moment. I am using Windows 7, Google Chrome, and Flash 10.

Lately, half of the videos and games I try to use are not working. I was advised that it was because the website could not save to my computer, but when I try to select "Allow third party flash content to store data on your computer", it does not let me even fill in the checkbox.

I even attempted to uninstall and reinstall flash, but it is unsuccessful. So.. how can I fix this? If someone could sort of walk me through it (I have no idea about some of these advanced solutions I've seen), I'd be very grateful.

Untitled.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2010 Oct 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close all browser windows, then open Windows Explorer.

• in the address bar type %appdata%\Adobe
  • delete the 'Flash Player' folder in there
  • in the address bar type %appdata%\Macromedia
  • delete the 'Flash Player' folder in there

Now try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2010 Oct 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg

It doesn't want to find either address, any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2010 Oct 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it find %appdata% by itself?  If not, then you may have some environment variables missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It cannot find %appdata%, but I almost never use IE, could that be the problem? I usually use Google Chrome. However, Flash still does not work on IE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this article how to fix missing environment variables: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886549/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem (except I'm in Windows XP Home, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3).

I can't tick that box "Allow third party flash content..." or keep that slider where I want it (100KB) as it is always back at "None" if I exit the broswer and return to those settings.

I have been referred from this thread:http://forums.adobe.com/message/3559075#3559075

Okay, I'm just updating my post. My Global Storage Settings are now working. Yes!

I did what was said (%appdata%\Adobe, etc) in Windows Explorer this time instead of Windows Internet Explorer (dah!) and it's all good. Maybe the person who started this thread made the same mistake? If so, Windows Explorer is accessible from, Start > All Programs > Accessories

Message was edited by: Hgtyuaiospiyxsnasnhjn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just thought I'd add the following comment in the event it applies to you (ie: did you use a browser or the proper Windows Explorer)?

My Global Storage Settings are now working. Yes!

I did what was said (%appdata%\Adobe, etc) in Windows Explorer this time instead of Windows Internet Explorer (dah!) and it's all good. Maybe the person who started this thread made the same mistake? If so, Windows Explorer is accessible from, Start > All Programs > Accessories

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines