Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PS CS5 is Uninstall Same as Deactivate?

Oct 3, 2010 12:35 PM

I need to use Photoshop CS5 on 3 computers when I'm at different locations.  The dialog box on the 3rd one says I need to "Deactivate" another computer.  When I try to do that on another computer the screen has a check box for "Deactivate" and then a button labeled "Uninstall".  It seems that I must click the "Uninstall" button in order to "Deactivate" Photoshop, because the only options to continue are a "Cancel" and "Uninstall" button.   The labeling gives the impression that "Deactivate" and "Uninstall" are different operations, but it appears that simply to deactivate CS5 I must actually uninstall it.

So, is it true that I must actually uninstall Photoshop?  Is there no way to simply deactivate it rather than having to uninstall and reinstall the entire program?

Thanks,

Greg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 3, 2010 2:00 PM   in reply to Greg Grosz

No you shouldn't have to uninstall. It should be enough to Deactivate. You can in principle install on as many computers as you like but you can only have it activated on two at the time.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 3, 2010 6:39 PM   in reply to Greg Grosz

To simply deactivate, choose Help > Deactivate from within the application. You do not need the installer.

Be aware, you can only deactivate and reactivate so many times before you are locked out. This is designed to keep people from using multiple systems and just constantly deactivating to switch systems.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points