Skip navigation
j_wolfe
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Drive 2.0 and SharePoint 2010?

Oct 4, 2010 10:41 AM

Has anyone had any success connecting Adobe Drive 2.0 to SharePoint 2010?  On the SP side, we have installed the admin tool pack and enabled the web parts (both the CMIS producer and consumer parts), but have not been able to successfully connect via Drive 2.0.  I see that a number of people have been working with Alfresco as their CMIS backend, but haven't seen any other CMIS compliant server examples.  Is there any documentation out there for connecting other than the Adobe Drive 2.0 Admin guide?

Thanks ---

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 8, 2010 7:21 PM   in reply to j_wolfe

We have never tested Drive 2.0+CMIS connector with SharePoint 2010.

Regards,

Guo Wei

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2011 11:01 AM   in reply to weiguo@adobe.com

Guo Wei,

I'm trying to do the same here, connecting Adobe Drive 2.1 with Sharepoint 2010.

This is the URL to my CMIS-enabled SharePoint Library that I use as "Server URL" in Adobe Drive CMIS Connection:

http://sharepoint_server/_vti_bin/cmis/rest/document_guid_here?getrepo sitoryinfo

When I try connect I'll get "Authentication failed".

How do I know when the "Server URL" is right? When I type http://sharepoint_server/ I'll get the same response.

Is there a log-file for Adobe Drive and the CMIS-connection?

In this document there is some information and a short preview of the XML-file but nothing about SharePoint: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/creativesuite/cs/adobedrive/CMIS_Connector _Tech_Note.pdf

This is the xml-file that SharePoint generates: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2665693/sharepoint_output.xml

I think there are (or will be) way more customers interested in a connection with SharePoint than Alfresco to be honest.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2011 1:35 AM   in reply to Andreas-PG

I wanted to know if anybody on this thread was able to connect to a CMS server from Adobe Drive CMIS connector. I am part of a team responsible for making our DAM system CMIS compliant and the client we are targetting is Adobe Drive with its inbuilt CMIS connector. We are also facing difficulities in establishing communication between Adobe Drive and our system.

As mentioned before on this thread is there any log file, events log for Adobe Drive that can give more information about attempts to establish connection?

Also, I wanted to know how Adobe Drive client gets authenticated with  any CMS/DAM using its CMIS connector. What is the mode of authentication  used - is it HTTP basic, digest authentication or something custom. So I  am not sure what would Adobe Drive send to get authenticated and what  would it expect in the response. How do we pass back the session token  that we will create.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2011 2:01 AM   in reply to mandarpkulkarni@gmail.com

Drive CMIS connector uses HTTP basic authentication. Actually, for HTTP level communication, we use Apache HTTP client library. Drive CMIS connector acts as normal HTTP client. Maybe you can use a network sniffer tool to capture the HTTP packages between client and server.

For SharePoint 2010, we are working with Microsoft to resolve interoperability issues. Hope to have better support in next Drive release.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 25, 2013 1:10 PM   in reply to weiguo@adobe.com

have the interoperability issues been resolved?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2013 3:05 AM   in reply to whothennow

unfortunately not

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 14, 2013 12:11 PM   in reply to whothennow

As noted earlier, we’ve been working with Microsoft to resolve the interoperability issues. Users are now able to connect to MS SharePoint 2013 via the Adobe Drive CMIS connector that’s included with the Adobe Drive 4.2 update. MS SharePoint 2013 also includes key fixes to make the integration work.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2013 10:30 AM   in reply to Laurel Zimmer

Does this have any effect on integrating with Sharepoint Server 2010?

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 15, 2013 10:51 AM   in reply to stock50nm

No

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers