• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Installer / uninstaller 10.1 R85 has stopped working

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2010 Oct 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Flash player to install on my desktop.

This is the message i get whenever I try to install latest Flash player:

"Adobe Flash player installer / uninstaller 10.1 R85 has stopped working"

And it just quits, cannot continue. I've tried uninstalling...but nothing.

Running IE8 with Vista 32 - Home Premium SP2.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, The easiest way is to use the following:

Download the Uninstaller and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Download the Installer and SAVE it to your Desktop for IE:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash _player_ax.exe

You must use the Administrator Account. Check in your system tray and disable any applications that may use Flash, such as any messenger services. Then you will CLOSE all browsers.

RUN the Uninstaller and when finished, Reboot(restart) your computer. Then RUN the Installer for IE, When finished, Reboot.

Go to this test site when finished: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/  

You may want to print out these instructions so they are easier to follow.

Now before you start, you may want to let me know what Anti-Virus program you use. Some can block the Install of the ActiveX Control of Flash Player. So we would need to check on that.

The Administrator Account must be used to Uninstall and Install Flash Player.

Let me know,

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I tried what you suggested but ran into the same notice at the point of installation, "Adobe Flash Player Installer / uninstaller 10.1 r85 has stopped working" and then in automatically quits.

I'm running Windows Defender for antivirus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, ok. Let me ask you this. Did a red box appear with the word Quit on the left side and the word Install on the right side? And the Install wouldn't work and it just sort of timed out and then you received that message?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2010 Oct 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO, just a windows pop-up with the message:

"Microsoft Windows

Adobe Flash player Installer/Uninstaller 10.1

r85 has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available."

And then just the option to "close program". This happens at the point of me trying to install the

program from the saved download on my desktop, directly through a website or any other method I've tried.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know what would cause this. Windows Defender is not an Anti-Virus, just an Anti-Spyware. What Firewall are you using? Prior to Installing or using Windows Defender what Anti-Virus program or Anti-Spyware programs did you have Installed? Are you using a Router?

Is your system a 64bit? If so have you Installed the 64bit Flash Player beta?

Are you using the Administrator Account to Uninstall/Install?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Malwarebytes which i use for scaning but not active. My only active firewall is Windows Firewall ( I checked my Control Panel)

My ISP ( Rogers ) has a firewall but I have it disactivated because it's a pain.

My system is 32 bit, and yes I have run the instal / uninstall as ADMIN.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I am using a router TD-LINK TL-WR340G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, Ok, so you do have a Router. That may be the problem. The instructions I just gave you about disconnecting from the Internet is still ok. However, this will also disconnect the Router, correct?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnected from Internet (via router) and ran instructions as requested with firewall off.

Still same message when even attenpting to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, well if that didn't work, then there must be some other issue.

I would contact your ISP, since they had the Firewall and you indicated it was a problem. Perhaps you disabling it on your end didn't disable it completely. I have no experience of any ISP having a Firewall. I would find someone there to make sure they have it disconnected.

The only message that you are receiving is from Windows in Post#6.

If your ISP has no solution, then I would contact Microsoft and let them know about what is happening  and the message you receive. Something is wrong with Vista or IE8 or both.

I wish I could be of more help, but this issue is bigger than Flash Player. If it was Flash Player and an Install problem, you would receive a message from Adobe Flash Player.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alejandro741, Thanks. Here is what you can try. You already have the Uninstaller and the Installer on your Desktop, correct? In my Post#1 I want you to follow the instructions and after you get to the part of Close All browsers, then I want you to disconnect from the Internet.Then make sure your ISP Firewall is disabled and the Windows Firewall.

Then follow the rest of the instructions. After the Installation, then turn your Windows Firewall back on, but not the ISP Firewall. Then connect back to the Internet and go to the test site.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  I'm running IE8 with Vista 32 - Home Premium SP2 as well.  I've tried the steps you've mentioned above.  Everything uninstalls and reinstalls successfully without error.  The first time I open IE after install I get the "Adobe Flash Player Installer / Uninstaller 10.1 R85 has stopped working" message and the browser completely freezes.  In order to use IE, I have to do one of the following (which are unacceptable):

1. Uninstall Flash Player. (IE works fine after I do this but I can't view Flash content)

2. Run IE in "No Add-Ons" mode.  The browser works but no add-ons including Flash work.

3. Open IE in "No Add-On's" mode and disable the Flash Player Add-On. All add-ons then work in IE in normal mode except Flash Player.

I'm running Windows Defender for my anitvirus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, will reply to you later today.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mgobluefanatic1  If you have been following this thread then you have read my last comment. Unless your problem is exactly as Alejandro's then it would be better to start your own thread. Yours to me from what you have described is different in that you have been able to Install Flash Player. He could not.

So start your own thread and when I see it, I will copy and paste the info that you have posted here over to your thread.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as Alejandro, and then followed the instructions for the fix (downloaded uninstaller and installer).

However, when I try to run the Uninstaller, a message immediately pops up saying, "uninstaller_flash_player.exe is not a valid Win32 application".  If I try to run the Installer, a similar message comes up.

Could you please advise what I should do now, or if Adobe has another Uninstaller/Installer program that works??  My computer runs Vista.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Well the Uninstaller is an Adobe Uninstaller. Did you right click on the Uninstaller link and SAVE it to your Desktop?

Did you do the same with the Manual Installer? (SAVE it to your Desktop?)

The Flash Player Uninstaller works and so do the Installers, whether using a direct Install or a Manual Install.

You must use the Administrator Account, disable any apps in the system tray that use Flash and Close all browsers before using the Uninstaller and Installer.

Also your Anti-Virus can interfere, so you must consider that as well as any Firewall you use.

You can refer to the Troubleshooting Guide also:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/191/tn_19166.html

Review Settings, Permission section and various procedures.

I haven't heard of any message as you are receiving.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I saved the Uninstaller and Installer links to my Desktop as instructed direct from your links, and rebooted the computer as instructed.

I used the Administrator Account and all other apps were closed.

Message remains, "uninstall_flash_player.exe is not a valid Win32 application".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 15, 2010 Oct 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, for you and others that are having a problem either Uninstalling or Installing Flash Player, the Troubleshooting Guide is best to use. You can review Settings. The Uninstaller link is there as well as the Installer links. You can Unistall directly from there and Install also.

Be sure that your Anti-Virus is not blocking the Install.

I would try Uninstalling and Installing following the instructions in the Troubleshooting Guide.

You may want to print out some of the instructions that you will be using.

Also you may want to run a scan with your Anti-Virus first, to make sure that no malware is present.

Hope this helps.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines