Skip navigation
JohnTHarding
Currently Being Moderated

Does Elements 9 Support  New Nikon D7000?

Oct 13, 2010 5:01 PM

Any News on whether the new Elements 9 software will support the new Nikon D7000?.  I see where it does support Nikon's NEF Raw Format but can find nothing about Supporting the Nikon D7000 due to be released to stores the middle of October.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 13, 2010 6:29 PM   in reply to JohnTHarding

All these new cameras--the Nikon D7000, the Canon G12, etc., will have to wait for the next raw update before you can convert their files in PSE. For popular brands, that's usually a couple of months. In the meantime you can use the manufacturer's conversion program that comes with the camera.

When the new version of ACR is released, you will be able to use it in Elements 9.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2010 9:44 PM   in reply to JohnTHarding

Hi John,

As yet, the camera raw plugin that has the support of Nikon D7000 is not present.

If and when available, you can just update that camera raw plugin from within PSE and you will then be able to use it with PSE9.

Thanks,

Tarun

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 17, 2010 10:51 PM   in reply to TarunAggarwal.

Tarun, do you happen to  know why the 6.2 update isn't available from within PSE? Everyone is having to manually install it, the way it was in previous versions.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2010 7:59 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Hi Barbara,

This is because Camera Raw 6.2 update was available with other products before PSE9 was released. The 6.2 update is not pushed live from within PSE.

It should be there in 2-3 weeks time.

Thanks,

Tarun

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2010 8:06 PM   in reply to TarunAggarwal.

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 26, 2010 2:49 PM   in reply to JohnTHarding

No, but help is on the way.

ACR 6.3 is available for download (release candidate only) that supports CS5 only.  The version to support PSE-9 will be a few months down the road.

Per Adobe FAQ:
    Question:  Is this release candidate (ACR 6.3) available for Photoshop Elements 9 customers?
    Answer:   No, our release candidate installer is designed to work specifically with Photoshop CS5

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2011 1:28 PM   in reply to JohnTHarding

Help!

I have the new Nikon D7000 and don't want to have to use the Adobe DNG Converter program for every RAW ("NEF") file I shoot.

Q1:  If I buy Adobe PSElements9, and I download the 6.3 Camera Raw plug-in, will I be able to open PSEditor and, using the "Open As" choice on the file menu of the PSEditor, go directly to Camera Raw mode? Or, will I continue to be required to use this more recent CR plug-in-- 6.3-- outside of PSE, then re-open the converted files in Editor?

Q2:  Does PSE10 exist, and, if so, has it addressed this Nikon d7000- camera raw compatibiltity issue?

TIA a quick reply.  I'm going crazy here!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2011 3:41 PM   in reply to sacannie1

PSE9/Adobe Camera Raw 6.3 will be able to edit your Nikon D7000 NEF files, from the editor, via Open As

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2011 5:39 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Just got my Nikon D7000 and wondering if PSE9 supports it now, months later, thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 28, 2011 6:30 PM   in reply to New2blog

Sure does. It did last fall as soon as the update became available. Just go to Editor>Help>Updates to be sure you have the latest ACR.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points