Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

EmailService default connection

Former Community Member

Hi,

I used EmailService in my process and I also tried to use default settings for sending email (by checking box labeled as Use Global Settings). But I got error below, and I could not find where I should enter the appropriate values as default email connection settings?

2010-10-18 14:11:19,822 WARN  [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.ConnectionFailedException: Failed to connect to email server: null. Reason: Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25
    at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendMessage(EmailServiceImpl.java:473)
    at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendWithMapOfAttachments(EmailServiceImpl.java:433)
    at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.sendWithDocument(EmailServiceImpl.java:344)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi

The Server Settings located in adminui are not the ones used for Global Settings on the Email service.

(The ones set in the adminui are used for notifications of Workspace Task Assignments.)

Here's where you need to set the Global Settings:

1) In Workbench, choose Window->Show View->Components.

2) Expand the components.You will see 2 components titled Email.

3) Choose the second one. Expand Active Services. You should see "EmailService:1.0."

4) Right click on the EmailService:1.0 and choose "Edit Service Configuration".

5) Add your values and then Stop/Start the service.

These values will be used in your Email Service if you select Use Global Settings.

Hope this helps.

Diana

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi

The error message you are getting is: "Could not connect to SMTP host: localhost, port: 25"

Do you have an email server installed on the same box as your LiveCycle server?

Diana

Former Community Member

Hi Diana,

thank you for your reply.

Nope. I am using a public email account to do so.

Former Community Member

Then you need to connect to that server/service.

If you are using gmail for example your host will have to be: smtp.gmail.com.

Diana

Former Community Member

Hi Diana,

I achieved to run it properly by using gmail by applying connection settings manually (without clicking 'Use Global Settings' checkbox and entering each detail in Connection tab for EmailService component). But, what I want to know is configuring global outgoing email settings for all processes. At the end, it will make an email accont to be used for all process by default.

I tried to configure email server settings at adminui application, but I got the same error. Then, I added a default email endpoint and again I got the same error. So far, I need to configure each EmailService component's connection settings one by one, which is not common once considering business process development.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi

The Server Settings located in adminui are not the ones used for Global Settings on the Email service.

(The ones set in the adminui are used for notifications of Workspace Task Assignments.)

Here's where you need to set the Global Settings:

1) In Workbench, choose Window->Show View->Components.

2) Expand the components.You will see 2 components titled Email.

3) Choose the second one. Expand Active Services. You should see "EmailService:1.0."

4) Right click on the EmailService:1.0 and choose "Edit Service Configuration".

5) Add your values and then Stop/Start the service.

These values will be used in your Email Service if you select Use Global Settings.

Hope this helps.

Diana

Former Community Member

Hi Diana,

I am really appreciated it. it works fine now.

I could not find the same explanation nowhere in Internet. If you give relevant URL then it may help others, who get stuck with the same.

Former Community Member

Glad to hear that it's now working for you.

I will be adding this to my blog post.

I will also request that this information be added to the documentation.

Diana

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----