Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

LiveCycle is getting hanged frequently

Level 9

Hello All,

I have LiveCycle Form Designer ES - 8.2 and Acrobat - 9 Pro. The LiveCyle Designer is getting hanged  frequently and it takes lot of time to open/edit/save/change any document. Sometimes an error called Mirosoft Visual Error is coming and it turns off . It's also taking a lot of memory.How to get over it with ?

Thanks.

Bibhu.

5 Replies

Level 2

In general, LC Designer crashes occasionally. You'll find it happening more often if you work with huge forms, I myself tend to save a lot when I deal with large forms in Designer.

Re your Microsoft Visual Error - that's prob. just the error message of the Designer process dying on your Windows machine. Can you post it here? Also -- have you recently installed any new software on your machine? It can sometimes happen that a change to shared libraries causes weird things to happen. There's for instance one known issue where installing certain SQL Server tools make Designer not open properly anymore unless a library is fixed/updated.

Level 9

Hi,

The error comes sometimes as Microsoft Visual C/C++ error or something like that. Sometimes Dr. Watson error.I don't have SQL Server installed in my system. I use MySQL rather.The form is of 7 pages. As it has reach JavaScript code. I use LiveCycle ES - 2 and Acrobat 9 Pro. I really confused about the potential of LiveCycle in making large forms.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 2

Just to  make that clear - 7 pages are not a large form. When I'm speaking of large forms, I'm rather talking about 50-100+ pages.

I think to have any option on further help you'd def. need to provide more than:

"The error comes sometimes as Microsoft Visual C/C++ error or something like that"

Cheers

Kai

Level 9

Hello Kai,

The following error comes in my LiveCycle Designer.

runtime.JPG

Thannks.

Bibhu

Level 2

Hmm, yeah - that's what I though, Designer is crashing on you.

That's hard to debug - can you in some way consistently reproduce it with your form?

Cheers

Kai