Oct 25, 2010 8:49 AM

Hi

my environment is

Windows XP

Flash Player 4 Premium installed.

I use "flashbuilder_burrito_p1_win_102510.exe"

folloing errors occurs.

install failed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

Exit Code: 7

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 17 error(s), 19 warning(s)

WARNING: Payload {7E5AA19B-0B85-4f44-BA26-728851489200} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is already installed and the session payload {0B0C731E-5584-4980-A0D2-4ADC89220426} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Payload {40F95A03-885A-45fb-9A14-486BEFEDDF34} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin is already installed and the session payload {A05D4EC5-033E-4446-9D96-1698FE490147} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Payload {FB7F30B6-BFBF-4d2c-9F61-B5533659ACBE} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin is already installed and the session payload {A05D4EC5-033E-4446-9D96-1698FE490147} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Payload {177E1CA1-14CC-4398-AB15-A5746EFE8F22} Adobe Flash Builder is already installed and the session payload {F50993F8-704F-4B21-AAC2-D91800CCF54C} Adobe Flash Builder has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Warning: {2F6B67F4-A2BB-45D7-A80C-25FF646CC1C5} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

WARNING: Payload cannot be installed due to dependent operation failure

WARNING: Warning: {2F6B67F4-A2BB-45D7-A80C-25FF646CC1C5} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.

ERROR: Verifying payload integerity : Failed with code 1

ERROR: MsiConfigureProductEx failed with error: 1612

ERROR: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC80_ATL_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - AdobeHelp: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Suite Shared Configuration CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - AdobeTypeSupport CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC80_CRT_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin: Install failed

ERROR:  - AdobeCMaps CS5: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC80_MFC_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC80_MFCLOC_x86: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Builder: Install failed

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

"Adobe Flash Builder Burroto" in Add or Remove Program.

please help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 25, 2010 9:28 AM   in reply to hattrickbros

Thanks for sending your log entries.

Based on where the errors start in the log, the installer was unable to update your Visual Studio runtimes. There's a KB article here describing how to troubleshoot that by installing those runtimes manually:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84252.html

After resolving the VS runtimes:

- uninstall FB Burrito, and reboot.

- there should be a folder on your desktop containing the extracted Burrito installer, so you won't need to re-extract it again before re-installing.

Let us know how it goes,

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2010 8:12 PM   in reply to hattrickbros

Been fighting this same issue all afternoon, Unable to install the Burrito. Tried two different machines. No go.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2010 5:57 AM   in reply to hattrickbros

Had faced the same issue even after following the KB article as suggested by Agruss.
    Finally executed the installer with Administrative privilges post which the installation
    was successful.

-- JK

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2010 8:07 AM   in reply to vjkumar_cbe

@JK

Can you share your steps? I'm stuck.

-DH

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2010 10:17 AM   in reply to Red Hammer digitalworks

The steps for running as an Administrator differ depending on your version of Windows:

On WinXP:

- it's best to be logged in as a machine Admin during installation

- alternatively you can right click the exe, choose "Run as...", and then authenticate as a user with Admin rights.

On Vista and Win7:

- right click the installer exe, and choose "Run as administrator..."

- [aside: usually Vista and Win7 will prompt for elevated rights automatically, but if you have UAC disabled, it might require manual intervention.]

The original poster (hattrickbros) mentioned being on WinXP. For others of you seeing this problem, are you on WinXP too, or on a newer version of Win?

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2010 11:42 AM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

Same setup/scenario as hattrickbros here. Logged in as admin. No luck. Same errors.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 26, 2010 6:50 PM   in reply to hattrickbros

Similar problem installing on Windows Vista Home Premium. Only 13 errors and warnings as shown below, but no luck using the KB steps suggested above or anything else. Tried many times with Run as Administrator after restart, but nothing seems to work.

Chris

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 13 error(s), 13 warning(s)

WARNING: Payload {7E5AA19B-0B85-4f44-BA26-728851489200} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is already installed and the session payload {0B0C731E-5584-4980-A0D2-4ADC89220426} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Payload {40F95A03-885A-45fb-9A14-486BEFEDDF34} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin is already installed and the session payload {A05D4EC5-033E-4446-9D96-1698FE490147} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

ERROR:  - Suite Shared Configuration CS5: Install failed

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 27, 2010 10:49 AM   in reply to chris_t10

Hi Chris,

When you ran the steps in the KB article (http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/842/cpsid_84252.html) for installing the VC Runtimes individually, did those modules install successfully, or did you see a particular error message?

For example, if you get error 2203 when trying to install those MS VC runtimes individually, there's a KB article here describing how to fix that:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408626.html

-Chris A.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2010 6:22 AM   in reply to Red Hammer digitalworks

@DH

Sorry for the delayed response.

My envirnoment:

Win 7 Professional 32-bit

Flash Builder 4 Premium already installed

I had followed the steps as outlined in the KB article.

The VC components were successfully getting installed individually but the FB burrito installation was failing even after reboots.

Finally, executing it with Admin. privileges resulted in a succesful installation. No other additional steps were done apart from separately installing

all the VC components listed under the payload package of the installer.

... Maybe i was lucky...

-- JK

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 31, 2010 8:42 AM   in reply to hattrickbros

When I tried to execute the MS redistributable payloads, they said

"source is not available" or something similar. I solved it by copying

the relevant payloads from my CS5 disk

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 5:38 PM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

I got the same error as hattrickbros, same error message and log output.

I am installing on a corporate pc and I don't have the administrator login.

Why does Flash Builder 4 install no problem on this machine but burrito throws the Exit Code 7 error?

Is there no way to install burrito without admin?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 1, 2010 6:24 PM   in reply to SteveDurr

@Steve,

Is it fair to assume that you're on WinXP as well?

Generally, both FB4 and Burrito require elevated rights to install, so I have no explanation for why you were able to install FB4 successfully on that machine, but not Burrito. They both use virtually identical installer technology under the hood.

On WinXP, Power User rights are probably sufficient, without requiring full Admin rights. Often it's just easier to talk about Admin rights, because Vista and Win7 have the "run as administrator" context menu item, and automatic permission elevation via UAC, depending on how you have it configured.

What permission group does your login account belong to?

Here's one workaround for this you could try, that has helped some users with the VC Runtimes install problem on WinXP:

- download the latest Windows Installer Redistributable from MS: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa372856%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

- if you can install that successfully, then see if you can then install Burrito without hitting the error.

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2010 5:34 AM   in reply to SteveDurr

@Steve

The Admin rights thing has not worked for me. I have admin rights on two windowsXP machines. And FB4 installed on both windowsXP machines. I have followed all of the tips noted in this forum. And have been unable to install Burrito...finally gave up. I figure it will get sorted at some point.

-DH

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2010 6:59 AM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

Chris,

Yes I am on Windows XP Pro SP2.  I saw in the release notes that SP3 is required but unfortunately my company does not allow SP3 on our machines (don't know why).

My user account is a member of the Administrators group.

I was able to successfully run the Windows Installer update but that did not help.

I've attached my install log in case that helps.

Thanks,

Steve

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2010 7:56 AM   in reply to SteveDurr

Hi Steve,

I don't see the log you attached. Perhaps zip it up first, if you haven't already?

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 2, 2010 2:08 PM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

Here's the log output:

- 0 fatal error(s), 16146 error(s), 5 warning(s)

WARNING: Payload {5EE868D6-7B6B-49ee-AF60-09B1358AFFD7} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is already installed and the session payload {0B0C731E-5584-4980-A0D2-4ADC89220426} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Payload {FB7F30B6-BFBF-4d2c-9F61-B5533659ACBE} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin is already installed and the session payload {A05D4EC5-033E-4446-9D96-1698FE490147} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Payload {177E1CA1-14CC-4398-AB15-A5746EFE8F22} Adobe Flash Builder is already installed and the session payload {F50993F8-704F-4B21-AAC2-D91800CCF54C} Adobe Flash Builder has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

ERROR: 16215 Unable to create symlink at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito.lnk"

ERROR: 16215 Command ARKCreateSymlinkCommand failed.

ERROR: 16215 Unable to delete symlink at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito.lnk". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 16215 Error rolling back command ARKCreateSymlinkCommand

ERROR: 16100 Unable to delete directory "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\p2". Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16100 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryV2Command

ERROR: 16099 Unable to delete directory "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\plugins". Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16099 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryV2Command

ERROR: 16098 Unable to delete directory "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\features". Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16098 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryV2Command

ERROR: 16093 Unable to delete directory "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\configuration". Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16093 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryV2Command

ERROR: 16092 Unable to delete file copy at "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\configuration\config.ini" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 16092 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 16091 Unable to delete directory "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\configuration". Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

bazillion more error lines just like those above, removing for brevity

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------

ERROR: 32 Unable to delete file copy at "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\eclipsec.exe" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 32 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 31 Unable to delete file copy at "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse\eclipse.exe" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 31 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 30 Unable to delete directory "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\eclipse". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 30 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

ERROR: 15 Deleting Registry Key - failure. Error 5

ERROR: 3 Unable to delete file copy at "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\FlashBuilder.exe" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 3 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 2 Unable to delete file copy at "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\.eclipseproduct" Error 3 The system cannot find the path specified.

ERROR: 2 Error rolling back command ARKMoveFileCommand

ERROR: 1 Unable to delete directory "K:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito". Error 2 The system cannot find the file specified.

ERROR: 1 Error rolling back command ARKCreateDirectoryCommand

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 1:55 AM   in reply to hattrickbros

Yup same thing here, exit code 7 etc etc.... In my laptop (Win 7 x64 home) installed fine. On my desktop (Win 7 x64 Ultimate) nothing....

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 11:31 AM   in reply to Mike_Dobs

Hi Mike,

If you look in your installer logs, can you paste the first few errors showing? There's info here about how to get to your logs:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/844/cpsid_84451.html

If you're seeing the notorious errors about the VC Runtimes failing to install, have you already tried the troubleshooting page here:

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 11:44 AM   in reply to hattrickbros

If you're seeing the notorious errors about the VC Runtimes failing to install, have you already tried the troubleshooting page here:

I tried this and got the "Repair, Modify, Unistall" dialog (at which point I bailed) on all the MSVS packages I tried.

If you go to Microsoft you'll see that the 1612 error code is:

ERROR_INSTALL_SOURCE_ABSENT - The installation source for this product 
                                    is not available. Verify that the source 
                                    exists and that you can access it.

Since the sources are manifestly there I'm not sure where to go from here.

Bruce

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 11:45 AM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

Thanks for the response,

I finally managed to install the Flash Builder "Burito" by navigating to the

installer directory and manually installing the VCRuntimes manually with

administrator privileges, and then run the installer normally. That did it

for me.

Note: I also decided to install to a directory with no special Characters or

anything in the name. like C:/Burito/

Hope it helps someone.

Michael Dobekidis

NetGFX.com

email at: contact@netgfx.com

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 11:49 AM   in reply to SteveDurr

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting your install log - that really helps a lot.

Generally it's the first few errors that are most useful, and the rest are consequential.

The second error showing in your log is this one:

ERROR: 16215 Unable to create symlink at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe Flash Builder Burrito.lnk"

That makes me wonder if there's a permissions problem blocking installation. If you try creating a shortcut in that same location manually, are you able to?

For example, try creating a shortcut in that same path to some other exe that you have on drive K, and see if it works.

Also, what type of disk is drive K that you're trying to install to:

- local drive, or a network location?

- Fat32 or NTFS?

- internal drive, external, USB?

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 12:01 PM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

You're onto something Chris.  I tried to create a shortcut in that same location and I was not able to do it.  It pops a warning dialog that says "unable to create shortcut".

My K: drive is a local internal hard drive formatted for NTFS.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 3, 2010 12:26 PM   in reply to hattrickbros

Well, I finally got it to install.

I went through each of the payloads/Microsoft_VC* folders and ran the installer and selected the "Repair" option for each. When I retried the installer it just skipped over each of those packages and install the rest just fine.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2010 2:01 PM   in reply to C. Agruss (Adobe)

Finally figured out my problem.

Remember I said this is a company computer I was trying to install on.  My company uses McAfee antivirus software.  I prefer to call it "Anti-Productivity Software".

Turns out there was an Antivirus rule (access protection) that was blocking the creation of shortcuts on my computer.  Apparently my company's security team had pushed out this new rule a couple months back in response to some PDF exploit that was going on involving the creation of shortcuts.  After that outbreak subsided they subsequently removed the rule but forgot to remove the rule from one of the groups which just happened to include my computer.

I notified our McAfee antivirus administrator of the problem and he removed the rule from my group and voila... I can create shortcuts again.  Burrito installed fine after that.

Don't you just love security stuff?  They make us so secure that we can't get anything done.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2011 8:04 PM   in reply to SteveDurr

Hi,

I've had a similar problem trying to install Burrito and Panini on Windows Vista. Both installed no problem for me on Windows 7. Here is the error I am getting. I've tried several times and still can't get it to install.

- 0 fatal error(s), 20 error(s), 18 warning(s)

WARNING: Payload {40F95A03-885A-45fb-9A14-486BEFEDDF34} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin is already installed and the session payload {00C5CA45-DFBA-4ceb-9DF2-E932233CCF68} Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

WARNING: Payload {7E5AA19B-0B85-4f44-BA26-728851489200} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX is already installed and the session payload {B65AD0E3-C64A-4b91-BAEF-0EA667697FB1} Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.

ERROR:  - Adobe Media Player: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Catalyst Panini: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Player for Embedding: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Media Encoder CS5 X64: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe Flash Fonts1: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86_x64: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86_x64: Install failed

ERROR:  - Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86_x64: Install failed

ERROR:  - Adobe AIR: Install failed

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2011 8:50 AM   in reply to hattrickbros

I am getting the same issue installin on a imac osx snow leopard, i have uninstalled flash player and it still tells me it is installed.

getting very frustrated now

- 0 fatal error(s), 4 error(s), 3 warning(s)
    WARNING: Payload {C7BDD22E-AD27-4B06-BEB9-F97BC4D89671} Flash Player is already installed and the session payload {8188241B-96AB-4841-9B8E-7E26BBE842F0} Flash Player has no upgrage/conflict relationship with it.
    WARNING: Warning: {4687A306-D716-4D7A-B0AA-EAB65D17F149} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.
    WARNING: Warning: {4687A306-D716-4D7A-B0AA-EAB65D17F149} Adobe Player for Embedding will not be repaired, due to updated patch of STI and one of the top level payload is being installed.
    ERROR: Custom Action for payload {E6163EA9-EBB0-41C4-83AF-E85829482031} Adobe Flash Builder returned error. Failing this payload.

Any ideas?

thanks

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2011 1:37 AM   in reply to blufish1969

Hi all,

i have solved this issue.

use these steps:

1. uninstall flash player.

2. make sure the flash builder burrito dmg file in on a share part of the mac as you will need to access it from another user account.

3. restart the mac holding down the shift key on start up to enter safe mode (this will be in red on the login window)

4. you will now be asked to login (if you are on a network login you will need to use the local admin details as the network doesn't work on safe mode).

5. mount the flash builder burrito dmg file and install.

6. restart your mac and login as normal then start flash builder burrito as normal.

there you go easy eh!

Burrito will be installed along side your current version of flash builder standard or pro.

i had to do the same on my windows machine also, startup in safe mode and install as normal.

hope this helps some of you if not all.

Mark

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 8:56 AM   in reply to blufish1969

I was able to install FB Burrito on one computer, but not two others.

Install quites on Exit Code 7.

I followed instructions above for installing run times.

The one computer where install works has Visual Studio installed, so I installed it on computers that will not install Burrito.

Still no go.

I have never had a problem installing FlashBuilder to this point.

Too bad because I enjoy working with FlashBuilder.

But will now have to move to another platform for developing mobile apps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 10:28 PM   in reply to dmcqueen7

I too get Exit Code 7 every few days on Win (I typically install on Win at least once a day, and sometimes several times per day). When this happens, ~90% of the time I can just reboot, re-run the installer, and it will succeed on the second attempt.

For more stubborn cases, try the newer KB article here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84332.html

-Chris

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 13, 2011 4:43 PM   in reply to hattrickbros

Hi there !!!

I get the same error, and I spend a day of time finding a FIX.

I run Windows Vista, my problem was the User Name of my profile.

My name is: Alirio the user is @lirio.

The solution was, login in Vista as Administrator I install Flash Builder Burrito and

the error has gone.

I really hope this work for you too.

Regards.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2011 2:41 PM   in reply to Alirio Boquin

Thanks Alirio, glad you were able to resolve that as described.

Installer Exit Code 7 is somewhat generic, and can have a number of different causes, many of them not related to the user name.

Here are the most current troubleshooting steps I'm aware of:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/844/cpsid_84451.html

and

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/843/cpsid_84332.html

@dmcqueen7 - perhaps see if one of these workaround will solve the conflict you described with Visual Studio.

-Chris

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points