Skip navigation
GauiC
Currently Being Moderated

Problem filling out forms

Oct 26, 2010 5:47 AM

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.3.0.

Some users at my company are having problems when opening pdf's that have fillable fields in them.

They get an error when opening the document:

Access denied.

And following that error:

This document enabled extended features in Adobe Reader. The document has been changed since it was created and use of extended features is no longer available. Please contact the author for the original version of this document.

However this error is not computer related error, if I log on to a computer as user1 (non local admin user) the document opens fine and I am able to fill in the forms), then I log on as user2 (local administrator rights) and the document gives me these errors.

Also if I go to Edit/Preferences/Security logged in as a usere that is getting the error then I get this error additionaly:

Your signature appearance file appears to be corrupt. Would you like to delete this file? Acrobat error. Access denied

When I browse to %appdata%\roaming\adobe\acrobat\9.0\security\ then there is no appearances.acrodata there to delete.

any ideas?

GauiC

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2011 11:07 AM   in reply to GauiC

I'm having the same problem.  Have you managed to figure out what's wrong with it?

|
    Mark as:
  • George Johnson
    11,664 posts
    Aug 11, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2011 11:47 AM   in reply to MrBerry100

Is the system date on your computer correct?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 29, 2011 1:37 PM   in reply to GauiC

My organization is having this issue as well. At first we thought it has something to do with Windows 7, but none of our engineers were able to troubleshoot and determine the root cause. I am curious to see what the response will be now that other organzations have reported a similiar issue.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points