Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Error Help: Flash CS5 Error initializing Java Runtime Environment...

Oct 31, 2010 7:45 PM

Hi im on a Win 7 64bit system  (Clean install),  I just downloaded the Flash Pro CS5 trial today - however when I start the program I get the following message as soon as the UI pops up and prevents me from running AS3 code when compiling files:

Error initializing Java Runtime Environment.  You may need to reinstall Flash.

All I did was run the program. I tired updating it (update worked but still got the message at start up), I tired installing and uninstalling it, I tried uninstalling and installing different versions of Java and various existing solutions.

Also I used Adobe's clean up Script for CS5.

Does anyone know the answer to eliminating the error message?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2010 1:00 AM   in reply to evil_vfx

Does not help for me. Win7, set it but get the same error.

|
    Mark as:
    May 25, 2011 4:48 PM   in reply to evil_vfx

Well this is a very old post but this error appear again in CS5.5, then I think is helpful retake this post

In Flash CS5.5 the issue is solved editing the file:

"c:\Users\current user\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\jvm.ini"

and lowering the Xmx128m to 128, some times this must be rised to compile large applications with a huge amount of AS3, or to use some Flex 4.5 libs from Flash Professional

I hope this help to CS5.5 users.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 22, 2011 3:04 AM   in reply to juvelez

worked for me! tx!

Gert

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 11, 2012 2:10 AM   in reply to evil_vfx

Got this on XP just a couple of days ago for the first time.  Registry-surfing suggested that Flash Pro CS5 is expecting to find a JRE, specifically v1.6.0_16, at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CS5\jre".  Went to java.sun.com, through "Previous Releases", collected a copy of JRE 1.6.0_16, installed it, replicated the file-tree installed (from somewhere like C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_16") to the above path...

No more error message!  Not sure exactly what the path you'll need is for Windows 7, but something like the above has to be worth a shot.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points