Skip navigation
bryn50
Currently Being Moderated

Flash Form and Navigation Button Issue (DoFSCommand)

Jul 20, 2007 10:20 AM

Hi,

In short, How can I get a <cfinput type="button" to send out a javascript command to change the current page location.

I have this code:
When I click on the HTML type button, the relocation happens as expected.
When I click on the equivalent cfform button, it does not.

I'm guessing it is something in the syntax of the onClick event, but I have to say I'm lost. Flash MX documentation says this should work right (?)

Cheers,

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 9, 2007 11:14 AM   in reply to bryn50
    Hi,

In relation to communication issues between Flash and Javascript: I am trying to get Javascript to talk to my Flash form, but I can't get it to work.
    I would like at least to be able to change the value of a hidden field in my form, or even better to execute an actionscript function, from Javascript.
    I believe the answer lies somewhere around the ExternalInterface.addCallback function, but I just can't get it to work.

I am trying to do this because I have a flash form with a tab navigator and the showing tab is bound to a hidden field.So far so good...I am now trying to use the new CF8 CFmenu functionality to control which tab shows. That's why I need it!

Any guidance appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Alain

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 9, 2007 3:32 PM   in reply to bryn50
    Hi, and thanks +++ for your reply and the code... I can't get it to work either, it drives me mad...
    I wish asfusion would get their teeth on it, they are just the best! Unfortunately, they are not much into flash forms these days, just flex...

Will keep you posted - and everyone else! - if I can get it to work!

Alain

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2011 2:15 AM   in reply to Alain Levy-s3SmK8

hi,

i have the same problem also...on how to communicate normal button to cfinput button. Did you find out how to solve this?

Pls let me know.   Many thanks,

I just want to click the button of cfform flash using a normal button outside.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points