• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Form and Navigation Button Issue (DoFSCommand)

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2007 Jul 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In short, How can I get a <cfinput type="button" to send out a javascript command to change the current page location.

I have this code:
When I click on the HTML type button, the relocation happens as expected.
When I click on the equivalent cfform button, it does not.

I'm guessing it is something in the syntax of the onClick event, but I have to say I'm lost. Flash MX documentation says this should work right (?)

Cheers,

TOPICS
Flash integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007
Replying to my own posts again...

the answer came in the Flex 1.5 documents for Actionscript 3 (I assume this is what CF 8 has behind the scenes).
The doc says:
"In ActionScript 3.0, the functionality of the External API is provided by the ExternalInterface class."...
"If you need to use the old fscommand() function--for example, to maintain compatibility with older applications or to interact with a third-party SWF container application or the stand-alone Flash Player--it is still available as...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2007 Jul 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own posts again...

the answer came in the Flex 1.5 documents for Actionscript 3 (I assume this is what CF 8 has behind the scenes).
The doc says:
"In ActionScript 3.0, the functionality of the External API is provided by the ExternalInterface class."...
"If you need to use the old fscommand() function--for example, to maintain compatibility with older applications or to interact with a third-party SWF container application or the stand-alone Flash Player--it is still available as a package-level function in the flash.system package."

However I'd like to make the point that no-where anywhere in the CF documentation is even one tiny example of the use of action script coding to enhance the basic functionality of CFForm. To much to ask ?

Oh yes, and one other thing, it seems as though the getURL actionscript command does what I needed to do in this case.

Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2007 Aug 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In relation to communication issues between Flash and Javascript: I am trying to get Javascript to talk to my Flash form, but I can't get it to work.
I would like at least to be able to change the value of a hidden field in my form, or even better to execute an actionscript function, from Javascript.
I believe the answer lies somewhere around the ExternalInterface.addCallback function, but I just can't get it to work.

I am trying to do this because I have a flash form with a tab navigator and the showing tab is bound to a hidden field.So far so good...I am now trying to use the new CF8 CFmenu functionality to control which tab shows. That's why I need it!

Any guidance appreciated! Thanks a lot!

Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alain,

Not sure if I can help directly however I found the following.
a) biggest issue was deciding which version of actionscript documentation to read. I decided upon Flex Actionscript version 1.5 and this seems to hold out, even with CF8. Not happy with Adobe's lack of any kind of example for actionscripting within CFFORM/Flash which would have helped just to get me started. I found not even one tiny example in all the docs I read.
b) I never got javascript talking to the flash form or vice-versa. I went for purely actionscript within the flash form and it seems to work.
c) I can see why you need it to work, and if you find out please let me know, I will be fascinated as I had in mind to do some things like that for my own App (e.g. I suspect will sooner or later not be able to avoid this issue myself.).

Cheers and best of luck..

BP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the attached script.

I remain convinced that for some reason Adobe have nobbled (technical term) the functioning of the external interface in flash <cfform>s Dont know why, but unexplained.
Neither externalinterface nor fscommand seem to work as best I can tell. (see attached).

Interestingly mx.external.ExternalInterface.available does seem to get a 'false' return value (instead of an error message like flash.external.ExternalInterface gets you.).....

Like I say, if you happen to crack this one, please do let us all know. ;-))

Cheers,
BP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks +++ for your reply and the code... I can't get it to work either, it drives me mad...
I wish asfusion would get their teeth on it, they are just the best! Unfortunately, they are not much into flash forms these days, just flex...

Will keep you posted - and everyone else! - if I can get it to work!

Alain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi,

i have the same problem also...on how to communicate normal button to cfinput button. Did you find out how to solve this?

Pls let me know.   Many thanks,

I just want to click the button of cfform flash using a normal button outside.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation