Skip navigation
urpcor
Currently Being Moderated

Paste keyframes from one clip to another not possible?

Nov 5, 2010 3:51 PM

Hi there,

I select some keyframes of an effect in a clip one in the Efectwindow. then I change the clip in the timeline and select the effect window with the same effect as selected in clip one. The effect is image Control.

there is nothing to copy, menuitem is gray. But within the same clip I can copy the keyframes.

Can I only copy keyframes within the same clip?

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 5, 2010 4:42 PM   in reply to urpcor

You can certainly copy and paste keyframes both on the same clip and on another clip.

The only stipulation is that the keyframes must be for the same effect. In other words, you can't copy Motion keyframes to an Opacity effect.

Can you be more specific which keyframes you're trying to copy to what effect?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 5, 2010 5:36 PM   in reply to urpcor

If you have added Keyframes to a Clip for Opacity, and then want them in another Clip, just Select the animated Clip, Rt-click and choose Copy, then Select the destination Clip, and Rt-click. There, choose Paste Attributes. Note: if there is a difference in the Duration between the source Clip and the destination Clip, you might need to do a bit more work. If, for instance, you have a dozen Titles, that you animate with Keyframes, and all are 05sec. in Duration, the Copy/Paste Attributes function will work perfectly.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 7, 2010 6:20 AM   in reply to urpcor

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you, urpcor. I do it all the time and it works perfectly. (I use the right-click options for copying and pasting rather than the top menu drop-downs, but I don't know that that would make a difference. Might be worth a try though.)

There must be something you're doing incorrectly that's not obvious from your description.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Was this resolved?

I too have this problem in Pre11, and have tried these methods to copy paste effects to different clips:

Tried clicking on one effect or mouse over all, click 'copy'  - move to new clip but 'paste' is not highlighted in right click menu or drop down from edit menu.

Tried clicking 'select all' then right click 'copy'  - move to new clip but neither 'paste' or 'paste clip effects....' are highlighted in right click menu or drop down from edit menu

Tried drop down menu to 'copy'  - move to new clip but neither 'paste' or 'paste clip effects....' are highlighted in right click menu or drop down from edit menu.

Even tried copying / pasting with keystrokes  - Ctrl + C  -  Ctrl + V

No matter what method used, the pasting is not allowed.....

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2013 4:33 PM   in reply to P1965

"Tried clicking on one effect or mouse over all, click 'copy'"

This is not the right way to do it, P1965. You select a clip on your timeline, right-click on it and select Copy, then select the other clips, right-click and select (depending on the version of the program you're using) Paste Effects and Adjustments.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points