Skip navigation
derkJohnson
Currently Being Moderated

Changing text and text color in DW CS5

Nov 6, 2010 7:29 PM

I just upgraded from an older version of Dreamweaver and am having some trouble adjusting to the changes.

When I open an existing HTML file to edit, I used to just highlight text then below in the property inspector I could change the font

and color. It was that simple.

In the new DW I highlight the text and there is no properties for the text at the bottom. I may have DW in the wrong mode if that means

anything since it seems to be trying to do CSS. When I highlight and go to FORMAT at the top, the COLOR it lets me choose the color

as it did in the older DW but then the problem starts, then I get this "NEW CSS RULE" box that pops up.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong or how this simple change of color or text now differs?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 7, 2010 12:40 AM   in reply to derkJohnson

Hi,

I had the same problems with the changeover, actually it is quite simple (step by step from my German DW):

When you change a font or a font color this window opens and you can set your options here:

drCss01.jpg

Now you can use/match your new css rule "TextRe20px":

drCss01a.jpg

It's seen here:

drCss02.jpg

... and here a little example for you:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <title>New Color aso</title>
    <style type="text/css">

.TextRed20px {
    color: #F00;
    font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;
    font-size: 24px;
    }

</style>

</head>

<body class="TextRed20px">
    Here is my new text.
    </body>
    </html>

Hans-G.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 7, 2010 4:37 AM   in reply to derkJohnson

Gruess Dich,

short answer, yes you should for a new css-rule, normally.There are some other ways, one of them I'll show you when you want to change an existing rule. Look here:

drCSS.jpg

Clicking ENTER after a semicolon DW opens this menu. Now you are free to choose from, there are plenty of choices, what means you/we have to deal with their different impacts.

Of course you can also open the CSS-style window (translated from German DW: window > CSS-style (Shift + F11).

Hans-G.

P.S. (OT)Nice to see German words. Ich würde mich natürlich sehr freuen, wenn ich Dir mit meiner kleinen Erläuterung helfen konnte.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points