Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "low on system memory"

Nov 8, 2010 12:12 PM

Would appreciate any info./suggestions on the issue of "running low on system memory" in Premiere elements 9.  "Proceed with caution..." error comes up consistently and eventually the rendered movie has an image come up with yellow background and foreign language.  After that, cannot do anything more.

Here is the info. about my system:  32 bit, Windows 7 OS, 4 GB quad core, C:/ and D:/ drives 250 GB & 522 GB , (Don't know where to find info on video card)

Video/images imported from Canon 7D.

Very frustrating to work with the program this way...:(

Thanks!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 8, 2010 1:10 PM   in reply to kpcool

First, is there a red line above your clips on your timeline? If so, you need to render your timeline. Running the program with unrendered video on the timeline can result in out of memory reports.

Also, when you place your video on the timeline, is there a red line above it before you add effects to it? If so, you are not using the correct project preset.

When you start your project, go to Settings and select the correct project settings for you Canon 7D, based on the video format and resolution specs your camera is shooting. Using the correct settings, as I say in my books, will save you having to continually render your work.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 8, 2010 2:06 PM   in reply to kpcool

In order for me to help you further, I will need to know which settings you used for your project -- and which settings you shot your video at, since that cam can shoot in several frame rates.

It also might help to know how much free, defragmented space is on your C drive.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points