Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Tooltips not showing in AIR HTML Desktop Application

Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written a desktop application and am extending it to use tinyMCE.  I used the 'Bee' example as a starting point.  Both 'Bee' and my application fail to show tooltip help when you hover over an editing button (like bold or italic).  I traced the problem down and it would appear as if the "title" attribute of the anchor element does not cause the text to appear in a popup.  To test this, I created a very small application with just the following HTML:

<html>
    <head>
        <title>New Adobe AIR Project</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="lib/air/AIRAliases.js"></script>

</head>
    <body>
        <a href="http://www.google.com" title="Here is some help">Go To Google</a>
    </body>
</html>

When shown in firefox or IE, this html shows the tip correctly when you mouse over the link, but the tip does not show correctly in the AIR application (on Windows XP).  If you actually click the link, I notice that google's normal tooltips do not show as well.

Either this is a bug with the AIR implementation of the webkit browser, or I am missing some configuration.

I have tried this with both the 2.0 and 2.5 SDKs.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Hi,

Tooltips on <a> elements are currently not working in AIR. The problem has already been reported and right now (#1521175) is under investigation.

The tooltips that you are seing in the Bee application are being created by a library that you can find in /lib/tooltips , named wz_tooltip.js developed by http://www.walterzorn.com (the site doesn't appear to be working anymore). In order to get to the lib folder you will have to unpack your air app, you can use a zip archiver to unpack the Bee.air

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Tooltips on <a> elements are currently not working in AIR. The problem has already been reported and right now (#1521175) is under investigation.

The tooltips that you are seing in the Bee application are being created by a library that you can find in /lib/tooltips , named wz_tooltip.js developed by http://www.walterzorn.com (the site doesn't appear to be working anymore). In order to get to the lib folder you will have to unpack your air app, you can use a zip archiver to unpack the Bee.air file.

Hope this helps,

Catalin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it ridiculous that 3 years on, this simple bug still hasn't been fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

me too!  adobe, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.  It's good to know the defect has been registered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines