Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Importer Process Server

Nov 13, 2010 11:40 AM

This is so frustrating. I have done a search for this but none of the posts were helpful as per this:

IPSCapture.JPG

The issue is that there is not even an event log for this crash. Yes I have restarted the computer to no avail.

The only solution I have found to to re-install the software, but it will only work until I import files, and this will happen the next time I open the app. I can even open the original files where I imported files before, work on it, save it, export it. I can open as many previously created files that I want, as long as I do not import any files. Don't matter where I import them from, could be a DVD, my hard drive or my camera. This is incredibly frustrating.

Anyways, I have PPCS4 (all updates), Vista Ultimate (all updates), Asus P5K Mobo, 8Gb RAM, 5 Hard Drives, Adobe Master Collection CS4 (all updates). All my other applications work fine, have tons of free space, no crap on the system.

Help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 13, 2010 11:46 AM   in reply to Bart Cross

Anti-virus active?  Firewall?

Are you logged on as an Administrator?

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2010 12:51 PM   in reply to Bart Cross

Bart,

Nice to see you over on "this side of the hall."

I am with Jeff, as those would be the very first things that I would try to rule out.

For some general suggestions on setting up a computer for a video editing session, this ARTICLE might offer some tips. You might have already seen it in the PS forum, as I do trot it out with performance issues there too, even though it is really aimed at video editing, which is much more intense than image editing in PS.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2010 2:21 PM   in reply to Bart Cross

Bart,

That is a clean machine!

The ImporterProcessServer basically manages the Importer Modules (I think that all are .dll's, but need to confirm that), to allow for the Importation of various format files.

It sounds as though it is being corrupted, as a reinstall works for a bit, but then something happens to it. I have no clue as to what that might be. Things like faulty/failing I/O would not target just one file, and especially repeatedly.

Let's get a few other "usual suspects" out of the way: are you on a networked environment, at least where PrPro is concerned? Is PrPro installed on your C:\?

Perhaps Todd, Jeremy or another Adobe employee, can comment specifically on ImporterProcessServer, and what could be causing the issues. I poured over some older threads, and never found anything that seemed worth linking to. Also, maybe our Adobe folk can either correct my assertion, or offer more useful details.

Good luck, and wish that I had more to offer.

Hunt

PS - Todd usually takes the weekends off, so I'd give him until Monday. Jeremy has been MIA lately, and might be skiing in Chile, or maybe he's found some early season snow in the US?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2010 3:48 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt
    That is a clean machine!

I actually see MANY processes in there that I would question or probably shouldn't be running on a video production rig:

ContextMenuServer

ehtray

IAAnotif

InputPersonalization

mobsync

MonacoGamma

MXTask2

Outlook

TabTip

taskeng

Wacom_Tablet (known to have caused issues before)

wisptis

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 13, 2010 4:26 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Has importing files with Premiere Pro CS4 worked on this computer before? If so, has anything changed since then?

Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't clear the preferences. Make sure that you've reset the preferences, too.

(BTW, I won't be able to really dig into this until Monday.)

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2010 5:45 AM   in reply to Bart Cross

What are the format and codecs for the imported files that are triggering this issue?  What is the source of the files (camera, other software, rips, downloads, etc.)?

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2010 6:42 AM   in reply to Bart Cross

If you haven't already, try creating a new user account with admin privileges.  It's only temporary.  Reboot, log on to the new account and launch Pr from there.  Do your import thing, then close and relaunch Pr.  Does the issue still occur?

-Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2010 2:57 PM   in reply to Bart Cross

FWIW, the wheels are turning here and a couple of people are looking into this. Stay tuned.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2010 3:25 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

One of the testers suggested this:

"I would recommend that he show us which processes are running after the crash, and also that he be sure Premiere et al have fully quit before relaunching .

Another thing to try is to save without importing anything, then see if we relaunch successfully.
    "

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 15, 2010 4:12 PM   in reply to Bart Cross

Have you ever had the E-Learning Suite installed on this computer? Even the trial version?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 16, 2010 7:30 AM   in reply to Bart Cross

> What is the E-Learning Suite? I guess that answers the question.

The E-Learning Suite is a suite of Adobe software that includes such programs as Captivate. We have seen a problem with a previous installation of that software causing the error that you're seeing with Premiere Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 2, 2011 2:24 PM   in reply to Bart Cross

I've been having the same trouble: capturing AVI files to my desktop via Black Magic; plugged into a Beta Cam deck.  It's only with these AVI files that I get this Import Process Server; random AVI files too.  To end my nightmare, should I set the process for the Import Process server to 'high', would that do the trick?

(FYI-I have to use this system for other things and am by no means incredibly computer savvy-what I've learned is all via 'trial and error')

Trying to get a project done and it is taking forever due to this.

Thanks,

Tim S

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 16, 2011 8:05 AM   in reply to Bart Cross

I had this issue too and found that if I started the "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\dynamiclink\processcoordinationserver.exe" process and then ran Premiere Pro CS4 afterwards, it started up fine.

Hope this helps!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points