Skip navigation
dnpinc3619
Currently Being Moderated

ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe

Nov 14, 2010 12:39 PM

The Windows Task Manager indicates that ElementsAutoAnalyzer.exe is using 34% of the CPU even though Elements is closed.  First of all, what is ElementsAutoAnalyzer and why is it running when Elements is closed?  Seems like it's using an excessive amount of CPU usage no matter what it's doing.

Thanks for any info

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 14, 2010 12:53 PM   in reply to dnpinc3619

The auto analyzer is part of the organizer that looks at your photos and videos and evaluates them for various qualities, like brightness, focus, etc., and then kindly rates them for you (poor quality, out of focus or medium quality, in focus, for example) and assigns smart tags based on its findings. You can disable it by going to Organizer>Edit>Preferences>Media Analysis.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2010 1:18 PM   in reply to dnpinc3619

Well, it depends. If you only  have photos (it does different things with video) and you have elements 9, it only evaluates for brightness/contrast and blur, and surely you can tell about those without it? Personally I don't ever use it, but then I don't feel that I prefer a computer's judgment over my own.

On the other hand, there have been people here who think it's the greatest thing ever, so it's totally your call.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 21, 2010 10:45 PM   in reply to dnpinc3619

In PSE 9 , Elements AutoAnalyzer has undergone considerable performance improvements but for PSE 8, I would also suggest to keep it off.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points