just installed Acrobat X on my Win7 x64 and Office 2010 x64.
Whenever I open a .doc file I get this message: Missing PDFmaker files. Do you want to run the installer in repair mode.
I have tried the repair. Didn't work.
The PDFMaker macro for Acrobat X only works with 32-bit MS Office applications - including Office 2010. For more information please refer to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/333/333504.html
This is 2010 not 1910 - everybody uses 64 bit Microsoft products nowadays. when is Adobe going to get real please?
I am here because I have the same problem. And I am not happy about it.
Yes, you can open your Office 2010 product and save or print to pdf, but it is your office product doing the work, not Adobe. This is NOT a solution and I give it absolutely no points. It is a workaround and terribly inefficient. We don't even need to own this product since Office 2010 is making the pdf's for us and not Adobe. We should not even be experiencing this problem.
I agree with bob22590 -- this is not 1910!
So, Adobe, when do you expect to fix this major defect? I upgraded a perfectly good working copy of Acrobat that's only shortcoming was that it didn't work with Office 2010. Well, frankly this upgrade is no better except that I am out a lot of $$.
I have been an avid and loyal paying fan of Adobe for years. Please assure us that the problem is being fixed.
I am able to create pdf files from WITHIN the office documents (Office 2010 x 64, Windows 7 x64). Don't know if they are created by office or Acrobat X though. However I am not able to create them from Acrobat X. Nor am I able to create forms and that was the reason I unistalled Acrobat 9 pro Extended (which worked fine) to try a newer Acrobat with more simple features. Just to go back to 9.0... but it is strange that Adobe pdfmaker doesn't support x64!!!
I had this problem on a Vista PC.
I only required Excel to work. but im sure its a similar process for Word etc.
I was still able to make PDF's with the 'Adobe PDF' printer function.
Select 'Acrobat PDF Maker Office .COM Addin'
From the Dropbox at the bottom select "Excel Addins"
- Click Go
- UN-SELECT Any Acrobat or PDFMaker listing
From the Dropbox at the bottom select "COM Addins"
- Click Go
- Check the box "Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin" IS selected
- If NOT.. Click Add and browse to
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\PDFMaker\Office\PDFMOfficeAddin.dll"
- If your version is NOT 10.0 it will be a different folder ie 7.0 8.0 etc
From the Dropbox at the bottom select "Disabled Items"
- Click Go
- Make sure PDFMaker is NOT disabled
This fix may seem trivial however i spent a long time working on this problem.
I tried different versions
I manually removed Acrobat http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/400/kb400658.html
I updated Office
I played with Macro security settings in Office
I tried different PDF settings in Distiller
All of this did nothing.
Remove it from the Excel Add-in
Leave it in the COM Add-in
I had no problems with Windows 7. Just Vista
I hope this works for someone else too.