Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Menus loading time

Nov 18, 2010 6:27 AM

Hello there,

http://www.graemephotographer.com/testtwo/editorial-home.html#/_//imag e_1

When the page loads the menus seem a bit slow to load. Is there a way of speeding up the load time and stooping the menus from blinking each time a page loads from the menu??

This is a flash menu installed in a AP Div.

Any help/pointers gratefully received !

Cheers, Damien

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2010 8:18 AM   in reply to spinkowalski

Hi

The only way to do this is to possibly optimize the flash items so that they load faster. As for the 'blinking' each time a page is loaded, this is caused because the flash player, (required for flash content, menus or not) must initialise the items before it can display them.

The only real solution is to ask yourself if your really require the menus to be in flash and not html/css based.

PZ

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2010 10:40 AM   in reply to spinkowalski

On my iPad, the site with the Flash menu cannot be viewed. I suggest using a CSS styled HTML menu to ensure a greater audience on mobile devices. In addition, Flash based menus are a chore to maintain and update compared to CSS styled menus.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 6:52 AM   in reply to spinkowalski

If I install html/css/java menus in the same AP div would I get the same problem?

If you really mean "java" menus, yes.  If you mean javascript menus, maybe, depending on how the javascript is functioning.  The best bet would be to get rid of the Flash menus completely and use one of the well tested and supported commercial 'javascript-based' CSS menu systems, like those from projectseven (http://www.projectseven.com).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points