Skip navigation
Bridgepoint_Richard
Currently Being Moderated

Encore internal software error:\vobulator\titleplanner\cvobuplanner.cpp, line 322

Nov 18, 2010 4:00 PM

I am using Encore, Version 4.0.1048.

I am receiving the error "internal software error:\vobulator\titleplanner\cvobuplanner.cpp, line 322"

I have imported using the Dynamic Link a 2 minute sequence from Premier Pro CS4.

I have transcoded the timeline.

There is only 1 chapter in the timeline, and that is the very first default chapter.

There are no other assets in the Encore project (initially there were,but i decided, after reading all the other posts to trouble shoot and start from scratch)

When I try to build the project using only this timeline from an imported premiere pro sequence, I receive the 'internal software error:\vobulator\titleplanner\cvobuplanner.cpp, line 322" error code.

There are no chapter markers in the sequence.

All transitions between items in the Premier pro sequence are 1.06 seconds long (the standard)

Any suggestions on what is causing this error, and how do i get around it? I have never encountered this error before. Does this indicate some problem with the sequence from Premiere Pro?

I appreciate your help.

System Information

Windows Vista for Business

HP xw4600 Workstation

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00GHZ

8.00 GB Ram

64-bit OperatingSystem

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 18, 2010 4:49 PM   in reply to Bridgepoint_Richard

There are no other assets in the Encore project (initially there were,but i decided, after reading all the other posts to trouble shoot and start from scratch)

Just to be sure, when you started from scratch, you created a new Encore project with a new name?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 7:58 AM   in reply to Bridgepoint_Richard

also try clearing the media cache.  this is DVD, not bluray, right?

In any event, I think the easiest way to isolate this to your specific asset, is to nest the PR sequence in another sequence (and therefore named differently), then create a new project and dl the new sequence.

The main possibilities are that the original EN project was corrupted and leftover elements (for that project, or that sequence, or something named alike) are creating a problem, or that it is your original asset (here a dl PR sequence) that has some problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 19, 2010 8:51 PM   in reply to Bridgepoint_Richard

Thanks for reporting your success.  Now that you've done it, you could also do the test I suggested to see if DL had anything to do with it.  Or just "move along; nothing to see here"!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 1:04 PM   in reply to Bridgepoint_Richard

I am using Encore CS6 and had the same error when trying to build a DVD Disc. I found another fix that worked for me. I had 4 timelines all wired up in my menus. I clieck on each timeline and compared the "Properties". I noticed that one of them listed 2 audio tracks and all others had 1. I looked at it and sure enough I had a black audio track in that timeline. I simply removed that track, tested my playback and the error went away! Very strange but I am very grateful it was an easy fix.

Good luck to anyone else who gets this!

Dan

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 10, 2012 1:54 PM   in reply to Bridgepoint_Richard

>Encore, Version 4.0.1048

If you have not done so, you might want to update the Roxio component http://forums.adobe.com/thread/400484

More on Encore and Roxio http://forums.adobe.com/thread/528582 or direct to

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20Information/ 000070GN&PARAMS

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 10:42 AM   in reply to John T Smith

I had the same problem with the listed error message while attempting to burn a DVD in Encore. I am using CS5.0. My project ran perfect in preview but would would not transcode. I uninstalled Encore and reinstalled and got the same problem. I contacted Adobe Support and followed one of their suggestions. I had an end chapter marker at the very end of the timeline and I moved it in two or three seconds  and the problem went away and I was able to burn a DVD on the first try.  Also, make sure the marker numbers are not duplicated and are in numerical order.

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 3:49 PM   in reply to Shutterbug

CS6 Encore. I got the dreaded "Vobulator" message, went back into the timeline after seeing a few of the posts here. I had gaps between each chapter (idea being, end of chapter got to black, new chapter - any one know how to do that in En or do I need to put all my clips back into a timeline in Pr) so I closed all the gaps and lo and behold no more "Vobulator".Don't you just love saying Vobulator? "So I was washing my vobulator the other day when this pretty...

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to EselJaye

Vobulator Vobulator Vobulator ....

Yes, add the fade to black or whatever in Premiere.

You can also make each of the clips its own timeline and play all by using a playlist. This may add a brief delay.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 2:18 PM   in reply to Stan Jones

Oh No! My vobulator... it fell off! There again do we really need a vobulator, especially if one has a chatharry close by?

Yeah, figured as much. Maybe the cloud version of the vobulator is less sensitive?

Don't you just hate it when your vobulator gets too sensitive?

Just last week I was vobulating away, having a grand time of it, when all of a sudden it stopped, checked the batteries, but they were fine. Turns out if you vobulate too quickly it has a safety function that will cut the power, very clever. They could have added that little bit of info to the manual though. Took three days to reset itself, there again its not a good idea to vobulate too often, so I switched to chatharrying instead, not quite the same but the end result is very similar.

|
    Mark as:
    May 15, 2013 6:08 PM   in reply to EselJaye

Ha, ha!

Yeah, figured as much. Maybe the cloud version of the vobulator is less sensitive?

Various features of the CC versions have bene announced. We have heard nothing about Encore. Until we hear otherwise, I assume we will see CS6 encore as the cloud version.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points