• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor stuck as "move tool". (arrow+) Help!

Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

A really strange thing occured today while I was working in photoshop (Cs5).

The Cursor had the icon of the "move tool". When I selected another tool the "Move tool" icon remained as the cursor.

For example if I tried to change to the brush tool I would still see the small arrow and cross and not the circle (brush tool icon).

This made it almost impossible to continue my work as I couldnt see how big the brush was. Then suddanly the cursor came back to normal for about 1 hour and then the problem occured again. Now it has occured every now and again during the last 3 hours forcing me to take breakes against my will (and I am on a time limit)...

Som have anyone else had this problem? Or is anyone aware of a way to fix it?

I would really appreciate some help.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the Hand tool get stuck several times. Restarting Photoshop seems to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have recently upgraded to 10.6.5, then I would recommend reading: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/752602?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering.

Yes I have recently updated to 10.6.5, but that thread doesn't seem to adress my problem.

This thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2237232#2237232

Is suggeesting that it would have something to do with the flashplayer plugin, but I've reinstalled flash to and still no change.

I am getting pretty frustrated...

@AzDawg   - I've tried restarting the Computer several times but it doesn't seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as if the 10.6.5 update may cause problems with Photoshop if you are using a number of third party utilities.

If the problem you are describing occurred after upgrading to 10.6.5, then it may be related to this.

We are working with Apple on finding a resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Okay!

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the published tech document:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/881/cpsid_88159.html

We're working with Apple to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through this. I tried turning off several utilities that have shortcut customization features, but it only cleared up after I updated an out-of-date 32-bit version of SizzlingKeys. It wasn't even turned on, but it was installed in System Preferences. With the current version of SizzlingKeys installed, the Photoshop CS5 cursor works fine again.

Just keep in mind that the goal is to think of any background process on your system that might possibly have a custom shortcut feature, and then do a bit of trial and error to narrow it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple released the 10.6.7 update for OS X today. This update corrects an issue introduced in the 10.6.5 update that affected modifier keys while using Photoshop.
More details, including how to install the update, are available in this Knowledge Base document:Alert "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?" | Tools, functions behave strangely | Photoshop CS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines