Skip navigation
r bd
Currently Being Moderated

Reader X IE/Firefox Toolbar Not Working

Nov 23, 2010 6:09 PM

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium X64 PC with IE 8 and Firefox.

I recently installed Reader X.  If I left-click on a pdf document, Reader X loads the pdf, properly displays it, and the Reader X toolbar buttons work as expected.

If I open a PDF from an Internet site (either IE or Firefox), the document displays properly, as does the Reader X toolbar.  I can scroll the document with the arrow keys.  I can right-click on the Reader X toolbar and change the toolbar contents.  But the Reader X toolbar icons are dimmed and will not function in either IE or Firefox.

I’ve uninstalled Reader X and reinstalled Reader 9.x.  The Reader 9.x toolbar works in both IE and Firefox.  Reinstalling Reader X causes the IE and Firefox pdf toolbars tools to once again not work.

Any suggestions on how to get the Reader X toolbar in IE and Firefox to work?  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 24, 2010 1:34 AM   in reply to r bd

Ahaa...

I have this issue as well.

Look here > http://forums.adobe.com/thread/756080?tstart=0

and here

Hope there is a fix for this soon.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2011 3:46 AM   in reply to fonduekid

Hi All,

We have had a few bug reports related to Adobe Reader X protected mode coming in from you in this forum. We have addressed a large number of them in our upcoming Reader update and we would like to hear your feedback.

To that extent, we would like to invite you to the Adobe Reader Prerelease program and try out the latest build. To participate, please fill in the form available at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=reader_prerelease_ interest and indicate Adobe Reader as the product of your interest.

We look forward to your active participation, feedback and help towards making Reader a better product.

Thanks and regards,

Adobe Prerelease Team

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2011 5:34 AM   in reply to r bd

Announcement: Would you like to help us improve Adobe Reader?

Hi All,

We have had a few bug reports related to Adobe Reader X protected mode coming in from you in this forum. We have addressed a large number of them in our upcoming Reader update and we would like to hear your feedback.

To that extent, we would like to invite you to the Adobe Reader Prerelease program and try out the latest build. To participate, please fill in the form available at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=reader_prerelease_ interest and indicate Adobe Reader as the product of your interest.

We look forward to your active participation, feedback and help towards making Reader a better product.

Thanks and regards,
    Adobe Prerelease Team

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points