Skip navigation
w64bit
Currently Being Moderated

Make Reader X to always open maximized

Nov 24, 2010 11:06 AM

Is there any possibility to make Reader X to keep main window always maximized when opening a file by double click in XP SP3 Explorer?

I am not talking about full screen, I want only to have the main program window maximized.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 25, 2010 1:35 AM   in reply to w64bit

The last state of a application window is saved by the OS automatically.

So, when you reopen Reader it will have the same windows size as the last time it was closed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2011 7:57 AM   in reply to w64bit

I have the same problem. Every first time when I open a pdf file, then Adobe reader does not open maximized. The next time I open the same document, Abode Reader opens it maximized or not maximized (depending on the state I closed this particular document)

So, the problem is that with every new pdf file, the first time I open it, Adobe Reader always opens the document NOT maximized.

I've tried changing a whole lot of settings inside Adobe Reader, but none of these settings helped.

PS: why does Adobe Reader needs to make a new version every week ? Can't they make the software in one time right ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 16, 2011 7:29 PM   in reply to w64bit

A work-around might be to make a Program Item on your desktop.  Then right-mouse click it, select Properties, the Shortcut tab and set Run to "Maximized".

A second version would be to create a Program Item that does "start /max acrobat.exe" or "start /max acrord32.exe" as appropriate, possibly with path information.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 13, 2011 10:10 AM   in reply to w64bit

Why do we have to find a "workaround"?  Why can't Adobe just make software that works the way its supposed to?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 2:39 AM   in reply to imgraftedin

Every time I open a new pdf file, Reader XI opens it NOT maximised.  How do I stop this happening??  When I open a previously opened pdf it (sometimes) opens it maximised.

Please help!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 2:39 AM   in reply to z1ts

I've had it!!!  The Spammers have pushed me over the edge!!!

I hate these verification tools but I'm spending way too much time trying to filter out spam.  I have made it a point to add everyone that I know of to my safe senders list but I'm sure I've missed some....which is why you are getting this email.

Simply reply to this message and leave the subject line intact.

The headers of the message sent from your address are shown below:

From forums_noreply@adobe.com Thu Jun 27 02:39:30 2013

Received: from mail0.phx1.jivehosted.com (204.93.64.116:33192 helo=mx1-out2.phx1.jivehosted.com)

by faithweb.faithweb4.com with esmtps (TLSv1:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:256)

(Exim 4.80)

(envelope-from <forums_noreply@adobe.com>)

id 1Us8fl-00005p-V8

for adrian@hisdesigns.org; Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:39:29 -0700

Received: from adobe-vm-wa02.m1phx1.jivehosted.com (lbs1.phx1.jivehosted.com 10.160.3.6)

by mx1-out2.phx1.jivehosted.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 57E30201EDD

for <adrian@hisdesigns.org>; Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:39:22 +0000 (GMT)

Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 02:39:21 -0700

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points