• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Acrobat X allow custom shortcuts?

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This alone would propel me to upgrading from 9 pro if Acrobat X allows it.

Any other "must-have" features from a user perspective? I'd rather hear form users than read the Adobe marketing.

I create tons of PDFx files for commercial press from Indesign as well as web-ready PDFs for user downloads and am interested in anything which improves that process.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that.. but again.. I'd like to hear from users, not merely listen to or read the Adobe marketing materials. Adobe will always tout the new version as miraculous... users generally will tell the truth.

And I'm looking for keyboard shortcuts, not actions. I want instant access to a single menu item, not a series of steps repeated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm looking for keyboard shortcuts, not actions. I want instant access to a single menu item, not a series of steps repeated.

Acrobat X does not allow customization of keyboard shortcuts, either via the UI or via the scripting API.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's ... unfortunate.

Can I add/delete/rearrage items on the Context Menu that shows up when I select some text and right-button click with the mouse?

Previously this menu had a "Comment: Underline" option. That's gone now. I want it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have the ability to control context menus, but you are able to add custom menu items. You can then use the keyboard to access these menu items, but may have to press several keys to trigger it. This assumes that what you want to do can be done with JavaScript.

Note that JavaScript can be used to trigger menu items. Unfortunately, Acrobat 10 removes a great deal of menu items (though some remain, but hidden), so the possibilites now are less.

Edit: corrected some typos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat really needs to get on the UI bandwagon with the rest of the Creative Suite rather than being on an island by itself. Acrobat would benefit from custom shortcuts just as much as all the other Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that, George, and +1 [scott w].

This is the sound of me installing the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2011 Aug 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded from 9 to X, and I am very disappointed in the changes.  Adobe took away the keyboard shortcuts, for example to insert another pdf into an open pdf, all i needed to do witht the keyboard was hit the Alt+D+N to get a File Insert Window, or to Save As hit Alt+F+A, or even just to Save hit Alt+S.  All these keyboard shortcuts are gone, plus there are many other changes I don't like.  These changes reduce efficiency.  I wish I could go back to 9.0. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Simple solution, Adobe (PLEASE): Just label all your menu commands with the associated keystrokes. To have to search Help under Keystrokes is bad design. When I hover over any menu item, the keystroke option should appear.

Or once I've added a tool to the Quick Tools bar, it should ask as I'm adding it if I want to either know the existing keystroke, or assign one.

At the very least, once a tool is added to the Quick Tools bar, let me right-click it and assign a keystroke.

Something obvious, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines