Skip navigation
GSANTA
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Reader X won't print

Nov 29, 2010 8:43 AM

When I click on either the printer icon or file-Print I getAdobe Reader has stopped working.

The error in the event log is:

Faulting application AcroRd32.exe, version 10.0.0.396, time stamp 0x4cc5e97b, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e03821, exception code 0xc0000374, fault offset 0x000afaf8, process id 0xe90, application start time 0x01cb8fe17be6530d.

Any ideas?  Version 9.4.1 was able to print but X won't.

Thanks for the help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2010 9:19 AM   in reply to GSANTA

The printer which you are using here is network (shared) printer or it is directly connected to your machine? also what is the make of your printer?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 29, 2010 9:39 AM   in reply to GSANTA

okay, do you get Print dialog and then this error or this error is displayed even before Print dialog? if you are getting error before the Print dialog i.e on just selecting File -> Print then may be there is some problem in listing of printers in print dialog. So it would be useful if you could share the list of physical/virtual printers configured on your machine (you could get the list by opening print dialog from notepador any other application). Also please provide OS details (32/64-bit)?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2010 1:04 AM   in reply to GSANTA

Hi,

Could you please try repairing the Adobe Reader Installation by going to Help-->Repair Adobe Reader Installation ?

You may also try unistalling Reader and then Re-installing it again if above does not work? We tried with Dell  3110cn Printer driver at our end and it is working just fine.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2010 12:54 PM   in reply to Atul Agarwal

Similar problem with reader X,

Windows 7 64 bit, wireless network printer (only printer I have), I tried first to repair the program which didnt work, then I deleted, searched for version 9, could not find it, so I resorted to trying version 10 again.  Also downloaded the file, renamed it and still got this same error when trying to print:

error 2.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2011 2:01 PM   in reply to GSANTA

Similar situation here.  Have multiple users getting hung up after the progress bar for printing appears.
    If forced to quit, prints do eventually appear sometimes.  Here's my app event error:

(System is XP 32bit, direct connect via USB printer)

AcroRd-Error.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 1, 2011 2:16 PM   in reply to GSANTA

Hello, I am using Windows XP 32-bit and my recently installed Adobe Reader X crashes when I try to print. The print dialog appears, but all buttons except OK act like dead links. When I press OK, the reader crashes and I cannot print.

Please help, or tell me where I can install the old version so I can move forward.

Thanks in advance.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 2, 2011 8:04 AM   in reply to GSANTA

I have succesfully created an AIP for 10.0.1 however my problem is that the AIP is now 3x bigger (~150Mb)  than the original .msi

As many of our clients are remote, this puts considerable strain on our network.  The original MSI was only ~46Mb.

I would really like to see an .MSI for 10.0.1 for this reason alone.

M

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points