Skip navigation
Bhargav_Flex
Currently Being Moderated

Popup reaction is slow

Nov 29, 2010 3:56 PM

Hello,

I am in middle of developing a big application where I am using popups in various places. I have a "SuperPanel" as a container for all my popup windows. This is a customized panel which extends the Flex Panel container.

In one particular scenario I have created a maximize button, clicking on which takes an ADG from the application and displays it on a Popup window. The ADG is a child of a VBox. Now when the user closes the popup the same ADG is collapsed to become a child of the previous container where our maximize button lied.

Everything is working fine except for one thing that the creation of the popup and removal of popup is very slow. It takes more than 4.5 seconds for the popup to be seen on screen and also the same time to be removed from the screen.

This is not the case for other popupwindows where I am displaying a different kind of data.

What can be the reason for such a lag in popup display?

Thanks in advance,

Bhargav

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Nov 29, 2010 5:22 PM   in reply to Bhargav_Flex

Use the profiler to find out.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 12:54 AM   in reply to Bhargav_Flex

Are you simply adding the old ADG? or are you instanciating a new one, adding it to the popup, then filling it with data again?

Are you also creating the popup, adding the adg, then adding it to the stage, or adding it to the stage, then adding the adg? etc..

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 30, 2010 10:27 AM   in reply to Bhargav_Flex

Well, before we had a profiler, we would sprinkle in getTimer calls to see

where the gaps were.

IMHO, it will save your company money to get you one premium license so you

can use the profiler instead of using getTimer

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 9:04 AM   in reply to Bhargav_Flex

A little late, but thanks komal harkut! I was having the same problem, but with

myPopup.open(FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication as DisplayObjectContainer, true)

I actually saved 3-4 seconds!

Although, with retina displays and Flash 11.5 it is still quite slow (everything looks slower actually) so I guess I'll have to run the profiler again and start switching to images instead of vectors. :(

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points