• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

insufficient permissions for installing flash player... plz help me

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having trouble installing flash player.

• OS - Windows XP (sp3)
  • Software - Flash Player 10.1
  • Issue - Insufficient permissions to write a file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10l_Plugin.exe:5

1. I am a system admin and I have all the permissions.
  2. Gone through various trouble shooting methods like, uninstalling, giving permissions e.t.c

Please help me, I am trying to install from 3weeks and not able to fix this.

Please help me.

Thanks

Ravi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Hi everybody i am replying to this post though it is old.Some one may find my steps useful.

If the installation fails.Copy the "Macromed" directory from C:\WINDOWS\system32 from your friends or relative system who have flash player instaled or you try to install in your friend system if he dont have flash player.And then save in your pen drive or e-mail.And paste to the above location in your home pc.After that install the same version of flash player in your pc which your friend have.

I hope this

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

• download the FP uninstaller from http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
  • close all browser windows and run the downloaded uninstaller
  • restart Windows
  • if there are any files left in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash, delete them manually
  • try the FP installation again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thankyou so much for the reply, but I did all the steps and I still have the same issue. I am sending you the exact description of the same please find it. I have all the adminstrative permissions but still it shows this.

The installation encoutere errors:

A required file

(C:\windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10l_ActiveC.exe:5) could not be written due to insufficient permissions.

Thanks

Ravi

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you restarted Windows, were there any files left in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?

What files do you now have in that folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are few files after restarting inside flash folder, so I deleted them manually. I have three files one is .dll and other is a .txt file. So, I also identified some root tool kit so I did used combo fix, malware bytes and also reloaded the OS using a XP cd. After all this I again tried to install flash but it gave the same error.

I am really getting mad of this error. Please, let me know if you need more details about the files inside the flash folder.

Thanks

Ravi

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error " ...could not be written due to insufficient permissions" usually occurs when the module already exists in the folder, and cannot be deleted by the installer.  Please tell me exactly what files you now have in that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Once again thank you for your time, I am sending you the files please have a look at them.

They are

1. Flash 10l.ocx

ActiveX Control

5,930kb

2. FlashInstall

TextDocument

2kb

Inside the text document it is like this:

=O====== M/10.1.102.64 2010-12-07+22-04-51.691 ========

0000 00000010 "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NOS\Adobe_Downloads\install_flash_player_ax.exe"

0001 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions/10.0 2

0002 00001036 Software\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\SafeVersions/10.0 2

0003 00001037 SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX/ 2

0004 00000013 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10l.ocx

0005 00000015 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe

0006 00001031 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe:5

0007 00000016 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll

0008 00001026 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll 126

=X====== M/10.1.102.64 2010-12-07+22-05-16.095 ========

Thanks

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very strange - it seems that Flash10l.ocx can be written without a problem, but FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe and FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll cannot!

How do you install Flash Player - from the standard Adobe Flash Player install page?

If so, try this way:

• download the installer from this page http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html and save it to disk;
  • close all browser windows, then run the uninstaller that you have already downloaded earlier;
  • restart windows, then again go and check the C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash folder; delete anything left in there;
  • now run the installer that you downloaded today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am sorry to bother you again and again, but I am getting the same error after doing all this stuff. I tried it exactly the same way you said, but it's giving the same erroe.

Please help me, it is very frustrating.

Regards

Ravi

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everybody i am replying to this post though it is old.Some one may find my steps useful.

If the installation fails.Copy the "Macromed" directory from C:\WINDOWS\system32 from your friends or relative system who have flash player instaled or you try to install in your friend system if he dont have flash player.And then save in your pen drive or e-mail.And paste to the above location in your home pc.After that install the same version of flash player in your pc which your friend have.

I hope this will work for everyone...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines