• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop flashplayer playing, until it has downloaded ALL the file?

Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Flashplayer 10.1 on Windows 7 64 Bit in Chrome, but my internet is not especially fast.

I want to watch news reports eg on the BBC or newspaper web sites: - but not in stop-go motion and stutter speed; I want to let the entire clip download and cache itself and THEN play it. How do I do that - presently if I stop the video, it stops the download too! (Or I want to save the video clip, and play it later - I cannot do that either).

The way it is now it is unuseable!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AFAIK this is not something that you can control on the client side, it is controlled by the server applications.

In other words, Flash Player has no control over the applications at the BBC or newspaper web sites.  (E.g. on Youtube, if I pause a slow video, it will continue downloading, and I can resume the display when the download is complete.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines