Skip navigation
ChrisInCambo2
Currently Being Moderated

Cookies working in Flex but not in Air

Dec 11, 2010 7:37 AM

Hi,

I've got a flex app which I'm porting to air, the two apps are  identical except for the root tag being WindowedApplication rather than  Application.

The problem is that cookie/session based logins are working for the  flex app in the browser but not for the air app. Reading the docs says  that cookies are available for air and the URLRequest manageCookies is  true by default.

I'm not doing anything special anywhere, it's just plain old sessions/cookies from a nornal Rails app.

So does anyone have any idea why might not be working in Air?

Cheers,

Chris

Replies
  • Chris Campbell
    9,446 posts
    May 4, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    May 25, 2011 3:45 PM   in reply to ChrisInCambo2

I apologize for the delay.  For those following along, this is being addressed in this post:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/852728?tstart=0

Chris

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 1, 2013 3:51 AM   in reply to Chris Campbell

Hi,

Related to this...

I need to be able to read a value from the cookies... This is easily done in browser using JS and easily done in AIR by parsing HTTPStatusEvent.responseHeaders...

But, the app is based around HTTPService for comms calls and doesn't appear to have a way to get access to HTTPStatusEvents as a result.

Rather than rewrite the entire comms layer, can anybody see a way for me to read cookies in AIR without doing a parallel set of URLLoader calls to get the HTTPStatusEvent?

Thanks,

G

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points