Skip navigation
DARKMAN100XX
Currently Being Moderated

ENCORE CS4 linking timelines from 'play all' button!!!!

Dec 15, 2010 2:29 PM

Have done this sucessfully about 100 times.  My current project stops after the second timeline and goes back to the main menu even though the end action of the second timeline points it to the third timeline.  In the flowchart the second and third timelines are joined by a dashed line indicating that there is a problem but I think I've checked everything and all seems ok.  Can anyone help, please.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 16, 2010 1:26 AM   in reply to DARKMAN100XX

Use a playlist. What you are doing is an all thumbs solution and if there are multiple links you may indeed get such odd results.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2010 1:49 PM   in reply to Mylenium

Yes, a Playlist, and NO Overrides set ANYWHERE, will give you what you want. They are simple, and virtually foolproof.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2010 12:25 AM   in reply to DARKMAN100XX

>>>In the flowchart the second and third timelines are joined by a dashed line

This representation in the flow chart means that the end action of the third timeline is overidden.

This means that the end action of the third timeline will not be played.

Please check in the Second Timeline's properties in the Property panel, you will see a Override option.

You must have set this to return to the main menu. If you want to execute the end action of the third timeline, then you will have to remove this override from the properties of second timeline and if you do that then the dashed line in the flowchart will convert into a solid line.

I think this should solve your problem.

Thanks,

Ramesh.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points