• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Red Recording Window gone?

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason when I record for a new project and select the custom size option, the red recording window has dissapeared. It was there before but not it's not? I checked in the settings and the option to the hide the recording window is not selected??????

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Hi

Deleting the preferences (Captivate 5) folder is THE way to clear any values that the app remembers from the past.

Now that you have shutdown captivate, removed the preferences, and re-launched captivate, the recording dialog must come up with factory defaults. Can you please paste a snapshot of the system screen when the recording dialog is up and running?

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What is the custom size that you have chosen?

If it is greater than the screen resolution of your computer, then it is possible that the red rectangle would not be seen.

However, at the time of publish, this large size would get scaled to your screen resolution.

Thanks,

Sushma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom size is 800 x 600 and I've been recording for over a year now with that setting and the red window was always there but for some reason it's gone now????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Sometimes, a faulty preference file can lead to incorrect coordinates of the red-rectangle (or any other window/dialog) 's position from previous Captivate session.

Can you please try to delete the preferences folder and try again and let us know what happened?

On Windows, the path could be something like

C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\Captivate 5

or

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Captivate 5

On Mac, it could be something like

/Users/<user_name>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Captivate 5

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, that didn't work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that doesn't work either. Someone mentioned to me it might have been when I recorded on a second monitor and now the system can't find that second monitor? I tried it on both my monitors (I have a laptop and a 17" monitor) at my office but I think the last time I was able to record with the red window was when I was connected to my monitor at home?

Is there a way to clear multiple monitors being used in the program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Deleting the preferences (Captivate 5) folder is THE way to clear any values that the app remembers from the past.

Now that you have shutdown captivate, removed the preferences, and re-launched captivate, the recording dialog must come up with factory defaults. Can you please paste a snapshot of the system screen when the recording dialog is up and running?

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that was it....thanks a million...now i can get back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Siva

Are you an Adobe employee? I ask because if you are I'd love an explanation for deleting the complete folder as opposed to a single file.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Yeah, I work for Adobe

There are ways to partially delete preferences only if you know what you are doing

Since I was suspecting that something was corrupt in the preferences folder (and it could be anywhere) and it would be frustating for the customer to find out which part of it was faulty using trial and error method, I suggested the simpler and safer approach of deleting the preferences completely and reset things to factory default.

Cheers

Siva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2010 Dec 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks  so much! Most appreciated.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Siva

I  for one would love to learn more about partially deleting CP5's preferences. Might I suggest this is something that the team considerd documenting on the Adobe Captivate Blog.

Warmest regards,

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources