When attempting to print a .PDF to a networked HP LaserJet 3500n:
When the machine is booted for the first time:
1. If the document is set to print As an Image, it will print normally.
2. Attempting to print a subsequent .PDF file, Acrobat Reader X will crash without opening the printing dialog box.
The reader will continue to display .PDF files after this, but none can be printed without having to fully reboot the machine.
I have tried the following to resolve this:
1. Repairing Acrobat Reader X. No success.
2. Updating the printer drivers. No success.
3. Completely uninstalling all things Adobe and reinstalling Reader X. No success.
4. Completely uninstalling all things Adobe and reinstalling an older version of Acrobat Reader. No success.
5. Updating the older version of Acrobat Reader to Reader X. No success.
6. Completely uninstalling all things Adobe and reinstalling Reader X. No success.
7. Scanning the system for Ad/Spy/Mal-ware and Viruses. None found, no success.
8. Reading hundreds of pages of Adobe Forums for a resolution. No success.
9. Searching the web for a solution. No success.
10. Contacting Adobe regarding this issue. Redirected here, as they do not offer any support beyond installation.
11. Posting this issue here: To be determined.
It is also worth noting that every other program (Word, Excel, Notepad, eCW, even a DOS prompt) can print without issue, even after Acrobat Reader X crashes.
Just realized I left out a few other details...
The machine having this problem is a fully patched Windows XP SP-3 machine with a 2.4 Ghz Pentium Dual Core, 4 GB of RAM, and 72% free space on the hard drive. Defragmentation is scheduled and runs weekly.
Sorry this is not help - but reasurance that you are not going mad.
I am trying to print to a Samsung CLP directly.
Using Windows XP3 service pack
And have tried all you have plus downloading using Windows Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 3.6
Also having problems printing pages when using Mozilla.
Have tried all combinations - Mozilla by itself - not printing
Mozilla + Adobe Not printing
Explorer - printing.
Explorer + Adobe not printing.
Everything was working OK last week. Can't think of anything else that has been loaded or changed on the computer.
I don't even get first document to print.
Hi, I was also having this problem but a change to the settings in Adobe Reader X solved it.
If you go into Edit Preferences General then untick the box next to enable Protected Mode at start up that should fix it. Best to check with your IT department before doing this though (as changing security settings).