Skip navigation
luca.depetrillo
Currently Being Moderated

TaskManagerQueryService.processInstanceList(...) doesn't return instances started with LC API

Dec 20, 2010 2:53 AM

Hi,

I'm having troubles trying to retrieve instances of processes when they are created with LiveCycle API using ServiceClient.invoke(invocationRequest).

As far that I can see, process instances are created correctly (I can manage them in LiveCycle AdminUI and in LiveCycle Workspace), but I can't retrieve them using TaskManagerQueryService.processInstanceList(...) or TaskManagerQueryService.processSearch(...), as process instances are simply missing... the strange thing is that process instances created with LiveCycle Workspace are returned correctly.

Someone could help me to figure out the problem?

Thanks,

Luca.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2011 2:27 AM   in reply to luca.depetrillo

Hi

I'm kind of late on the reply, but one alternative could be to query the DB directly...

But I'm not too keen on using that solution, did you find any other way around this problem?

Best regards

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 29, 2012 7:56 AM   in reply to luca.depetrillo

I'm also interrested on the solution. I have to find all process instances for a given serviceName having a given valriable to a defined value.

The API seams to ansmwer, but in fact, the function procesSearch never find any process, probably because of the fact that no user are participating to the searched process.

In an old pos, I have found a solution based on POF api. Does this api exit for ADEP - 10.0.1?

Searching for a task, the property filter.setAdminIgnoreAllAcls(true); does the work. But this property does not exists in ProcessSearchFilter...

Thanks

Used code for info:

ServiceConnectionHelper connHelper = new ServiceConnectionHelper(

livecycleServerAddress, userName, password);

TaskManagerQueryService queryService = connHelper

.getTaskManagerQueryService();

// Yet, we are building the process search on the variable

ProcessSearchFilter pSearch = new ProcessSearchFilter();

pSearch.setServiceName(processName);

pSearch.addCondition("procVar." + variableName, Operator.CONTAINS,

variableValue);

List<ProcessInstanceRow> allProcesses = queryService

.processSearch(pSearch);

List<ProcessInstanceRow> toReturn = new ArrayList<ProcessInstanceRow>();

for (ProcessInstanceRow row : allProcesses) {

if (row.getProcessInstanceStatus() == ProcessInstanceRow.STATUS_RUNNING) {

toReturn.add(row);

}

}

Denis

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers