• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Skipping When Publishing F4V (w/fixed frame rate)

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been looking for help in this situation for a while with no resolve. Would love to have an answer why this is happening just with this file.

I have a simple project that is 63 slides long(+4 minutes), each slide has short audio assigned to the slide. All previews have no problems displaying and properly playing the video and audio. I get a problem when I go to publish the video as F4V with fixed frame rates. There are several hiccups in the audio(skips) like it is a CD or DVD being played that has scratches in it.

I updated Adobe Captivate to 5.0.1.624 yesterday (no change).

Made sure I restarted my Windows7 computer - No other apps running, still get the same issue.

This is one of the larger files I have created. And before if I have had an audio skip before I would go back and re-publish it with out a problem. This is not working for this file. If I save to regular F4V the audio is fine (not the video), SWF is fine, EXE is fine etc...

PC Specs (resources):

Windows7 64-bit

AMD Phenom II X4 820 (4CPU's) 2.8GHz

8GB of Ram

Anyone else experiencing this type of issue?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 17, 2011 Jan 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same situation. I have a very small (and simple) captivate file that I was using to test publishing formats in Captivate 5. At first, it seemed like the F4V with fixed frame was the solution we were looking for and then we discovered the audio skipping.

I thought the audio problem might have been caused by using the Adobe Media Encoder to convert the F4V to FLV but then I discovered that you can hear the audio skipping as Captivate publishes to F4V.

Have you found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this issue. I've tried multiple publishing settings. I also notice it skips

in the same spots.

Anyone found a resolution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2011 Feb 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best method I have found to resolve this skipping issue is to locate the slide the error occurs on when publishing F4V and move the mouse.

- locate the slide with error

- move the mouse on the timeline to a different position

- save and re-publish

This is not a great resolution but it works for me.

And you do not have to reposition the mouse on the timeline very far, even a 10th of a second can resolve this (in either direction)

Please respond to this message if you find this helps! Or please post what works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Does that mean you are recording with the "Automatic" recording type? If so, what mode/mode settings are you using? Have you tried changing these or using Full Motion and playing with the FMR settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a video I use:

- the "Blank Project" start with the size I need.

- Recording type is Automatic/demo/no panning/no narration

- Under Preferences - Recording:

--> Settings: disable Audio (keystrokes/hear keyboard sounds)

--> FMR (no changes) Set to Video

--> Modes: (disabled "add highlight boxes on click)

- Under Preferences - Project:

--> Remove fade options from Start and End

Hope this helps. My video needs are pretty simple and everything else works as intended, just the sound skips once in a while. The only thing I can attribute it to is the mouse usage... moving it on the timeline is my fix for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried moving the mouse on the timeline with a bit of success.

One thing I noticed is the skip usually happens under the "s" of the "Mouse" label on the timeline, and positioning the "s" over silence is the best way to avoid the skip. It's tricky in parts where there isn't a nearby silence to move it over, and sometimes takes a few tries to get it positioned correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Follow these steps after you have updated(Help -> Updates) your copy of Adobe Captivate 5 to our latest update:

a. Close Captivate and Open Notepad.

b. Type the following text in the file:

StitchPublishAudio=0

c. Save the file (with the name AudioOptions.ini) in the Adobe Captivate installation folder.

For example, C: \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5

d. Open your project in Captivate and re-publish it.

In case, you still see the issue then follow these steps (you would still need to install the update and save the attached ‘AudioOptions.ini’ file in Captivate 5’s installation folder):

1. Open the project.

2. Select the first slide.

3. Scroll to the last slide and "Shift+Select " the last slide. Make sure that all the slides in the project are selected.

4. In the Slide PI change the "Slide Exit" action from "Go to Next Slide" to "No Action". DO NOT DO THIS STEP for slides that have “Slide Exit” action set to anything other than “Go to Next Slide”  For eg- If a slide has the “Slide Exit” action set to “Open a File”, then do not change the “Slide Exit” action.

5. Publish the project.

Do let us know whether your issue gets resolved.

-Manish

blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have applied the 5.0.1 update, saved the AudioOptions.ini file containing "StitchPublishAudio=0" into the captivate installation folder and changed all the slide exit actions to "No Action". None of these resolved the issue of the sound skipping at the end of some slides with mouse movements.

Positioning the mouse movement on the timeline so the "s" in "Mouse" is situated over a silence is the only way I've found to eliminate the skips so far.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 15, 2011 Feb 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Will it be possible for you to share your project with us? If yes, please upload it on acrobat.com and share the link with me at maanand@adobe.com.

-Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2011 May 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manesh, I shared my project with you on acrobat.com--have you looked at it?

Thanks!

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joel,

Could you please re-send your email. For some reason I am not able to find it on my end.

In the mean while do try these steps and update us:

Follow these steps after you have updated(Help -> Updates) your copy of Adobe Captivate 5 to our latest update:

a. Close Captivate and Open Notepad.

b. Type the following text in the file:

StitchPublishAudio=0

c. Save the file (with the name AudioOptions.ini) in the Adobe Captivate installation folder.

For example, C: \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Captivate 5

d. Open your project in Captivate and re-publish it.

In case, you still see the issue then follow these steps (you would still need to install the update and save the attached ‘AudioOptions.ini’ file in Captivate 5’s installation folder):

1. Open the project.

2. Select the first slide.

3. Scroll to the last slide and "Shift+Select " the last slide. Make sure that all the slides in the project are selected.

4. In the Slide PI change the "Slide Exit" action from "Go to Next Slide" to "No Action". DO NOT DO THIS STEP for slides that have “Slide Exit” action set to anything other than “Go to Next Slide”  For eg- If a slide has the “Slide Exit” action set to “Open a File”, then do not change the “Slide Exit” action.

5. Publish the project.

-Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2011 May 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish,

I shared it on acrobat.com to your maanand@adobe.com email address. I'm not sure how to resend the email, but here is the document URL:

https://acrobat.com/#d=EEYB9aJ6fEJzhNTOtbvwgw

As for the steps that you suggested, I've already done all of that (had to do those steps to fix the other problem of the last syllable of the audio being cut off on every slide).

Thanks,

Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish, you never got back with me on this issue. Have you made any progress on this problem with F4V fixed frame rate causing audio issues? Did you receive my project that I shared with you on acrobat.com?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue although on the slide where I get the skipping, I have no mouse visible.

I tried the steps suggested by Manish but the outcome is the same - I get a skip in the audio in the same exact spot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2011 Apr 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Manesh, I will share my project--please let me know if you have a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2011 May 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried all solutions provided in this thread but nothing helps. Any news on how to fix this major issue? I can see this has been going on for quite some time now with apparently no solution.

I am still in the trial period and is seriously considering NOT to buy this product after all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue as well. I've spent almost 2 days trying to trouble shoot this issue. I patched my copy of Captivate and added the AudioOptions.ini file with no luck. I set each frame to do nothing on exit.

I have a project that was made from importing a PowerPoint presentation. There are 16 base slides and I added in audio to each of the slides. The final product is a little over 9 minutes long. I get audio skipping at random intervals. For example, the narrator will say the word "change", but when exported to a fixed frame rate f4v file, it becomes ch-change. If I manage to get that problem fixed, the skipping returns somewhere else in the presentation.

I've tried exporting to a variable frame rate f4v file so I can convert it, but the Adobe Media Encoder sees it as a 46 second video file. If I take any .f4v files that were directly published by Captivate and attempt to convert them in Handbrake, Handbrake sees the files at 3 hours long, then encodes them to a useless file that's less than 1MB in file size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources