Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Flash Player Plugin crashes in ALL browsers while accessing webcam

Dec 23, 2010 9:06 AM

Hi,

I am struggling to get my adobe flash player plug-in working while accessing webcam.
It simply crashes in all browsers. I googled this issue and realized many users are facing this issue.
However I did not get any solution to fix this. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling plug-in multiple times but of no use.

Following are specifications:

Browsers: Internet Explorer (8.0), Chrome (8.0), Mozilla Firefix (3.0)
Webcam: Dell monitor inbuilt webcam
Flash Player version: 10,1,102,64

Please note, the webcam is accessible through other applications (e.g. Yahoo! Messenger, Skype, Windows Explorer)
Also, Adobe Flash player doesn’t give any trouble while playing streaming videos on YouTube etc.

Trouble is only when flash player tries to access webcam through any browser (eg. while "Record from Webcam" on YouTube)

An interesting observation I like to note here, the device list that appears in the plug-in window is blank for both video/audio devices (See the area encircled  RED in the image below)

Not sure, but just suspecting could this be potential reason for crash?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Struggler

AdobeFlash-BlankList.JPG

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 23, 2010 8:51 PM   in reply to FlashPlayerStruggler

I do not have a webcam, so I do not know too much of them.  All I can recommend is to check if there are any newer drivers available for your specific device.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2010 9:07 PM   in reply to FlashPlayerStruggler

Thank you for the feedback!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2010 11:13 PM   in reply to FlashPlayerStruggler

I have a similar problem. Shockwave crashes in all browsers regardless of what you are doing. Answer: My version of Shockwave is for the PPC platform, not the Intel based machines.

Possible source is the older CS3 Adobe Suite installed onmy imac. I'm still not out of the woods, but this scrap of information gives me a glimmer of hope!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2011 2:57 PM   in reply to FlashPlayerStruggler

Great information! Thank you!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2011 7:24 AM   in reply to FlashPlayerStruggler

When viewing an on-line live web cam, Adobe crashes. Help page says you need 32-bit version of Web browser, not 62-bit, but it appears that mine says it's 128 bit, which isn't mentioned. Now, I'm really confused.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points