Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Why? SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

Dec 23, 2010 10:02 AM

I'm developing an Application in Flex 4 that contacts with webservices.

If I run my application with firefox or Chrome when it should catch one exception from the webservice, it doesn't show my exception message and show that error: SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: null

If I run my application with ie8 or with flash player (out of browser), it catch my exception and show my exception message... And this is OK.
Any ideas for my problem?
Best regards,
Miguel

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2010 7:26 AM   in reply to migueldmag

can you post some of your code. what kind of service are you calling are you calling a .net webservice

? do you have a fault? set up on your service of a are you catching the error on your service and returning it as part of the xml?

if you answer some of those questions ill be able to help you further.

ty to put a breakpoint and study the result of the webserice you might be getting a 500 error from your service.

respond back

miguel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2010 10:35 AM   in reply to migueldmag

ok by the sound of what your describing it sounds like you are running into browser compatabilitys iss

ues. here is where i would suggest you start. When you are debuging put a brake point on the

fault function that gets kicked off when the decoded error is happening. Once you do that look at the result event in the variables tell me what you see. I could almost guarantee that you would be getting a 500 error from browser.

Also another thing you should check is that you have the xml file on the root of your service that allows to go across domains? do you have that already in place?

respond back with your findings. I've been threw many of these issues. however i will confess im not a wizard guy i usually code it all out manually.

Miguel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2010 2:03 AM   in reply to migueldmag

Hi migueldmag,

Can you post the url of your WebService which you are using..(wsdl url)..??

Thanks,

Bhasker

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2010 3:57 AM   in reply to migueldmag

miguel

this is what i was looking for

ORA-00942:

This error suggest that the table or view does not exist in oracle, been there many times. now we can work backwards. your webservice seems to be unstable. so now you have two options. You can try to debug your webservice and figuere out what's wrong there, or you can post the url here so that we can try to help you debug. I can tell you from my experience with the .net webservice im pretty sure your trying to contact an oracle database and the function has a problem in the code.

are you using odp.net? are you using oledb? are you using microsoft oracle data provider?

Let us know which steps you want to take more then happy to help  you with this one.

Miguel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2010 5:11 AM   in reply to migueldmag

ok well then may i suggest something else then. Perhaps what you can do is put an excepetion handler on your

.net webservice. once it hit exception then it will return the exception withing  a give XML tag in  other words your fault will never get triggered in flex.  Perhaps and im very sqeptical saying this you have hit some compatability issues with the flash player and the browser you have problems with. However i think that if you get the catch the exception in the .net side and return it as part of an xml then you should be ok.

miguel

Message was edited by: miguel8312

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2010 7:51 AM   in reply to migueldmag

miguel

Im taking a guess at best. Without seeing code or being able to call service myself there is not much we can do to help. I do think that if instead of letting your .net webservice failed and instead you  catch the exception and pass it as xml you would problably not going to recieved errors from other browsers.

Miguel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2010 8:48 PM   in reply to migueldmag

Hi migueldmag,

Can you host your WebService on public server and share the link..?? I am sure the problem is with the WebService only which you are using..

Thanks,

Bhasker

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 7, 2011 2:33 PM   in reply to migueldmag

I've just ran into this error today. On macos and IE i will receive a soapfault which i can display the faultstring from the server. but on windows in firefox or chrome i get and RPC fault instead which doesn't allow me to show a nice error message from the server.

[RPC Fault faultString="SOAP Response cannot be decoded. Raw response: " faultCode="DecodingError" faultDetail="null"]

I'm using a build of HERO (4.5.0.17855). version 4.5.0.18623 has a bunch of ther soap errors that i've ran into.

I'll try switching back to 4.1 later to see if that fixes it later on.

-Nate

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 10:34 AM   in reply to migueldmag

I'm not sure if this is a browser realted issue or plugin. i would expect to see the same results. since these browsers use the same plugin.

it was compiled using flex 4.1 target player version 10.

Doesn't work means it isn't able to decode the soapfault.

Firefox (3.6.13) - Windows7

FP 10,0,45,2 - Doesn't Work

FP 10,1,102,64 - Doesn't Work

FP 10,2,151,49 - Doesn't Work

Safari (5.0.3) - Windows7

FP 10,0,45,2 - Works

FP 10,1,102,64 - Works

FP 10,2,151,49 - Works

Chrome (8.0.552.224) - Windows 7

FP 10,1,103,20 - Doesn't Work

IE - Windows 7

Works (dont have more details)

Safari - OSX 10.6.6

Doesn't Work

Chrome - OSX 10.6.6

Doesn't Work

Firefox - OSX 10.6.6

Works

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 9:01 AM   in reply to migueldmag

I was able to reproduce the same error in OSX using chrome.

Chrome - OSX 40.6.6

FP - 10,1,103,19 -  Doesn't Work

FP - 10,1,102,64 - Doesn't Work

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 9:54 AM   in reply to migueldmag

When i debug the exception. The very first item that is in the stack is DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler.

One of the lines in the method is as fallows.

msg.body = URLLoader(event.target).data;

in the browsers that work the msg.body will contain the full soap envelope with the exception details.

in browsers that don't work msg.body is an empty string.

-nate

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 12:12 PM   in reply to migueldmag

== SOLVED ==

Flash relies on the browser network stack to get results. etc..

Some browsers will stop and not send flash the body content if it receives a 500 Status code. The best way to fix the error would be to make the .net code not send a 500 status when you are sending a soapfault.

protected void Application_EndRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)

{
         if (Context.Response.StatusCode == 500 || Context.Response.StatusCode == 300)
          {
               Context.Response.StatusCode = 200;
         }

}

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2011 2:50 PM   in reply to migueldmag

Problem Solved.

We were having this problem intermittently with a Flex 4.1 App running off of a ColdFusion 9 Server. It turned out that the Error 500 was misleading. By removing <cfdump> tags, the error disappeared. My recommendation: always remove the <cfdump> tags from the production code.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2011 12:00 AM   in reply to seanscottusa

Hey,

I am also using ColdFusion9 webservice with Flash Builder 4 and 4.5 sdk and getting the following error(which resemble a single one) in different conditions and these is no CFDump tag, in the webservice which I am using, can you please help:

When I run the application/or say publish it in AIR, within Flash Builder 4 and try searching, I get this error after 2-3 searches:
    Error#1085: The element type "P" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</P>".
    Null

And If I simply run the AIR application, outside the Flash Builder, Then I get the following error:
    Error #1085
    Null

And If I publish my application as normal SWF file into HTML and not AIR, then the error says:
    SOAP response cannot be decoded. Raw response:
    null

Thanks

Chit1

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 12, 2012 1:57 AM   in reply to Nate Burr

Hi,

I am new for flex development. I have just started development in flex 4.6.

I am also facing the same problem. Even after ading the C# code, Issue is still persist.

protected void Application_EndRequest(object sender, EventArgs e)

{
         if (Context.Response.StatusCode == 500 || Context.Response.StatusCode == 300)
          {
               Context.Response.StatusCode = 200;
         }

}

So I decided to do testing in different maner. I create new method called TEST(string xmlValue) having return type String. In this method I simply return xmlValue as String.

[WebMethod(EnableSession = true)]

public string TEST(string xmlString)

{

XmlDocument xdoc = new XmlDocument();

xdoc.loadXml(xmlString);

return xdoc.OuterXML;

}

I replace the method name in flex application and test. I still got the error. I guess there is some flex issue in this.

But I don't understand before calling this method there are 3-4 web service call which works absolutly fine and when it comes to the 5th call it returns me fault.

FIENDS PLEASE HELP ME. I NEED TO DELIVER IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I AM ALREADY CROSS DEAD LINE.

PLEASE HELP ME.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points