• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retake quiz (Captivate 4)

Contributor ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a quiz that will be hosted on an LMS. The quiz works as intended and reports the score to the LMS. The problem is when the user exits the quiz (no matter what the score was), they can't bet back into the quiz. When the quiz window tries to open the second time "Initializing LMS..." is displayed but nothing happens. I need the user to be able to retake the quiz as many times as they want/need.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you don't have Self-Paced Learning enabled in your TOC settings.

SelfPacedLearning.png

If the box here is checked, Captivate will shunt your user straight to the end of the module as soon as it loads because it thinks you've already done the quiz and don't need to do it again.  That might be what is causing your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not show the TOC, but tested it anyway with no success. I then tested the quiz using Firefox instead of IE 8. I was able to get back into the quiz multiple times, but the score was not reported to the LMS. Still no luck with IE. Does anyone know if Captivate 5 would work?

Thanks for the quick responce RodWard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing to remember with LMS systems is that they don't all work the same way.  For example, some LMSs will only accept a score if it is higher than a previous score.  So in your case, make sure that what looks like the LMS not accepting a score is simply normal behaviour.  Try first achieving a lower score and then scoring slightly higher on subsequent tests.

If you've already determined that Self-paced Learning is OFF, take a look at the setting for Never Send Resume Data under Quiz > Reporting > Reporting Level > LMS Customisation Settings > Never Send Resume Data.  If it is currently OFF, try ticking the box and seeing if that makes a difference.  Resume Data is what some LMSs use to determine whereabouts in the quiz you got up to last time so that when you relaunch the same quiz you can be shunted back to the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources