Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements 9 - Editor is busy

Dec 27, 2010 10:33 AM

This command could not be completed because the editor was busy.  Please finish the current operation and try again.  Edit Photo or Fix Full Photo Edit through the Organizer brings up this message.  I can how ever close the organizer window and do a file open through the Edit window.  This happend before and the only way I could get rid of the problem was to delete the sofware and re-load.

Don

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2010 2:33 PM   in reply to twodittos

I am struggling with the same issue. I just downloaded PSE9 2 days ago, I have edited 3 groups of photos, and all of a sudden in the organizer I continue getting this message. I have no idea how to get around it in the organizer; I only am able to edit outside of the organizer now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2010 1:25 AM   in reply to jagale

I too am confronted with the 'busy' error message when attempting to create a greeting card. It won't accept the photo highlighted into the greetingcard section. Has anyone found a workaround?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2011 5:45 AM   in reply to purbrookian

Kindly increase the scratch disk size. This may be due to lot of memory being used for any operation or prolong use of various features in PSE. The kb doc should be helpful on how to enhance PSE performance.

http://kb2.adobe.com/community/publishing/856/cpsid_85658.html

-Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 30, 2011 5:37 AM   in reply to ukgaurav

I'm also getting the "editor is busy" message.  This is with no photos open in the editor and

only 1 photo in the entire organizer.  I was trying out the "out of bounds" edit.

When I opened the organizer from the launch menu and selected fix it then opened the editor and worked fine.

I should be able to open the organizer from inside the editor.

I'm on windows xp with all updates installed.

My available RAM is 1562 and I've got it set at 90% for elements

My designated space for the scratch disc is 443.43 GB

Surely this is enough space.

I also had to make my photos for panoramas smaller (the originals are about 6-8 MB each and I was using for photos) to get the fill feature to work.

Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2011 9:49 PM   in reply to twodittos

At some conflicting points panoramas do give this thing intermittently but restrating or closing the irrelevant files and increasing the RAM ,scratch disk etc used to work. Seems like you are not able to get through even with these workarounds.

Do delete the preferences once and then try.

Also please paste the help->ystem Info here.

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2011 12:24 PM   in reply to ukgaurav

How do I delete the preferences?

You also asked me to post the system help information.  I don't know what this means.  I do a lot of panoramas and this "fill" feature was one of the reasons upgraded to PSE9.  I really want it to work.  The scratch disc size is huge and I've got my RAM set at 90 percent with 1406 MB for RAM.

MB

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2011 1:08 PM   in reply to twodittos

Hi Don, I'm confused as to how your panoramas can be so big.  My completed jped

of 3 photos are about 20MGs.   That's with 3 or 4 photos that were about 4-5 MB to begin with.

Your stated sizes seem huge.

Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 7, 2011 1:00 AM   in reply to twodittos

Try resetting the PSE preferences by

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Edit.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

For .PSD file size, check in Edi->Preferences under Saving Files, you will see a setting for saving of .psd file 'maximize PSD......'. Just change it to Ask,  and then verify the file size when saving with your customized setting for the file. Check fi you see some change in file size.

-Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 13, 2011 7:43 PM   in reply to ukgaurav

Very strange, but I discovered that when I open the editor and then the organizer and then try to do a guided edit I get the "editor busy" message that is driving us all crazy.  This is with no photos open in the editor and only 6 photos in the organizer.

I accidently discovered that if I minimized the organizer and then restore it to full size the message stops appearing and I can do the "out of bounds" edit without any problems.

So far so good but it seems a very strange work around.

Michael

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2011 10:17 AM   in reply to novaboy5

Michael,

I also get the editor busy message. I have discovered it happens if I open the editor first before opening the organizer. When I attempt to got to full edit mode I   get the buy message. If I then switch over to edit and back to the organizer I can edit the photo. If I open the organizer first then I do not get the message when I edit a photo.  A glitch for sure but I guess I just will open the organizer first.

Bob

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2011 11:25 AM   in reply to twodittos

This is my second day with this software. I could not proceed because I had a picture show up with a red bar and a padlock on it going across the middle. I got the Editor Busy line and none of the controls respond. After about 4 hours of cursing, I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Damn if when I start the program in either mode, this photo shows up again full screen and nothing works. So I uninstalled again and reinstalled. Same thing. I tried the shrink and resize work around, and I could get the edit controls to work but when the mouse is released, it says Elements Editor exe non responsive. Then if I click again the picture with the bar through it comes up.  I cannot access the other photos. And even though I have uninstalled the old photos keep showing up. Where are these rogue files coming from, and why doesn't this program work?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2011 12:06 PM   in reply to twodittos

I have the same problem with Elements 9. I tried to do a collage, which I did without any problems with Elements 6 but with the PSE 9 version I get the " Editor is busy" all the time.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2011 1:07 PM   in reply to twodittos

Luckily I didn't uninstall PSE 6 and was able to do the collage there.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 12:47 PM   in reply to teriheidi

Try minimizing the organizer and then  maximize it again.  For some reason, this stops the editor is busy message for me.

Michael

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:07:20 -0700

To: mgbennett44@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Photoshop Elements 9 - Editor is busy Photoshop Elements 9 - Editor is busy

I have the same problem with Elements 9. I tried to do a collage, which I did without any problems with Elements 6 but with the PSE 9 version I get the " Editor is busy" all the time.

>

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 2:08 PM   in reply to novaboy5

Thank you for your replay. Unfortunately, that didn't do it. When I minimize the organizer and maximize again, it switches back to Edit, saying: Valid size not available for this creation. Except for the " Collage", everything else seems to work. It sounds like a bug.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 2:47 PM   in reply to teriheidi

I have had sucess by opening the organizer first.  When I open the editor first I always get the "busy" message when I try to edit a photo.  When that happened, I would switch to the editor and back to the organizer and it would no longer give me the message.    But since opening the organizer before the editor I have never had the message.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 4:13 PM   in reply to bobharron

I tried to open the organizer first and it switches to the editeor as soon I click "Collage". As a rule, I don't use the organizer at all, but added the pictures in order to try "Collage" from there. It doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 28, 2011 4:50 PM   in reply to teriheidi

If you read the thread about problems with the organizer you will see that there are huge problems with it and Adobe does not seem to be addressing the issue.

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:08:58 -0700

To: mgbennett44@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Photoshop Elements 9 - Editor is busy Photoshop Elements 9 - Editor is busy

Thank you for your replay. Unfortunately, that didn't do it. When I minimize the organizer and maximize again, it switches back to Edit, saying: Valid size not available for this creation. Except for the " Collage", everything else seems to work. It sounds like a bug.

>

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 2:07 PM   in reply to ukgaurav

Hi Garry,  I too am having the same problem, editor busy, with Photoshop Elements 9. I have an imac with 2.5 GHZ Intel Core i5, 4GB memory running OSX 10.7.2, I notice your an employee of Adobe an feel you might be able to give me an solution to this problem. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks Teddy

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 19, 2012 4:00 PM   in reply to tmtm10

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers