Skip navigation
tomarthur@riseup
Currently Being Moderated

MIDI implementation & Audition on the Mac? Been Waiting patiently since the Cool Edit days..........

Dec 27, 2010 4:45 PM

Has anyone tried the MIDI features on the Mac Beta version? I know version 3.0 for windows has rudimentary MIDI features, including a piano roll that works with a handful of soft synths. Is this/will this be featured on the Mac version? Are the MIDI features going to be updated and improved in future versions?

I have been a faithful user of Audition since the Cool Edit days. It’s my favourite program for audio editing, music production and mastering. I especially enjoyed the simplicity of Adobe Audition 1.5.

When Audition was still called Cool Edit ten years ago I was amongst those eagerly hoping for MIDI implementation. Like many users I use Audition along side other MIDI editors and patiently import audio between programs. Like many original users I’m not interested in fancy video editing and dilution of the audio engine. Please, please include standard MIDI features and produce the perfect all-in-one audio editor that Cool Edit was always destined to be.

Do we need to start another online petition? We’ve been patiently waiting such a long time…………

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 28, 2010 2:31 PM   in reply to tomarthur@riseup

I agree we need all the midi stuff in Audition for Mac 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2011 3:02 PM   in reply to tomarthur@riseup

MIDI has never been Audition's strong suit, and many users have been very vocal against implementing more advanced MIDI support.  During this re-write, the decision was made to not implement MIDI support at this time in order to focus on the audio editing and mixing workflows and not try to rush a MIDI toolkit that may end up lacking the usability Audition is known for.  We will prioritize MIDI support during our next development cycle and determine the scope of that support for the future.  I'll include both of your comments in the feature backlog notes for this feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 5, 2011 10:05 AM   in reply to _durin_

Well ok then I'll wait for the future version

thanks for the reply it's a good thing that Audition goes on Mac.

2011/1/4 durin <forums@adobe.com>

MIDI has never been Audition's strong suit, and many users have been very

vocal against implementing more advanced MIDI support.  During this

re-write, the decision was made to not implement MIDI support at this time

in order to focus on the audio editing and mixing workflows and not try to

rush a MIDI toolkit that may end up lacking the usability Audition is known

for.  We will prioritize MIDI support during our next development cycle and

determine the scope of that support for the future.  I'll include both of

your comments in the feature backlog notes for this feature.

>

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points