Skip navigation
Sticky Penguin
Currently Being Moderated

Why is my Kuler name part of my e-mail address?

Jan 5, 2011 8:09 AM

I'm new to Kuler just today and, while I love it, it's the only place on the entire internet that seems to publicly display the first half of my email address as my screen name. I've got a separate and different screen name to my email address, but this doesn't show once I login. It works in the Acrobat site, but not on Kuler. Please help! Thanks...

Branched from an earlier discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2011 10:59 AM   in reply to Sticky Penguin

Sticky Penguin:

I'm not sure why Kuler uses part of your e-mail address as its display name, and I agree it would make more sense to use a designated screen name.

I have sent your feedback onto the Kuler team.

(In the future, please start your own thread to ensure we don't overlook your responses.)

Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 10:59 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM. HOW DO I SOLVE IT?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 11:26 AM   in reply to freetomatoes

Hi freetomatoes:

I can request that your Kuler screen name is changed to a name of your chosing. Check the PM I sent you for details.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 21, 2011 2:32 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

This is a long standing problem:  Unlike all other Adobe Websites, Kuler does not pull the user's Adobe ID screen name, but uses the the email address (up to the @).   If your email address uses your real name that is displayed, violating your privacy and Adobe's Privacy Policy.   All my Kuler palettes publically display "by [Real Name]", not "by TG_SF," my Adobe ID screen name.   Logging out, deleting cookies and logging in do NOT help.  For years, the Kuler forums are full of pleas to Adobe to fix this privacy bug, but they don't.  Someone, please wake them up!  Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2011 3:14 AM   in reply to Sticky Penguin

Would be nice to see this change, I figured changing it on adobe.com would include my kuler name as well. It didn't and honestly I find it kind of an uncomfortable feeling.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 22, 2011 9:33 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

How can I do the same thing (change Kuler display name to Adobe ID screenname)?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 22, 2012 2:21 PM   in reply to Carey Burgess

How can this not have been changed yet?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2012 6:29 AM   in reply to Carey Burgess

I went ahead and deleted the themes I had just created. This can't really happen in 2012.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)