Skip navigation
golcern
Currently Being Moderated

Can't Install Flash Player On Mac Without Admin Password

Jan 7, 2011 2:51 PM

I've already posted about this, but I didn't get a meaningful answer, and another user who posted with the exact same issue was also unanswered.

My question is very simple: How do I install Flash Player on a Mac without an admin password? The downloadable installer demands one before it will do anything. When I click "show package contents" and extract the Flash installer package, open it up manually, and unzip the archive inside it, I get an unusable "Flash Player.plugin.lzma" file.

I need a way to decompress the Flash Player.plugin.lzma file.

OR

I need a link to download the Flash Player plugin, as in the actual "Flash Player.plugin" file, and NOT an installer app, which the main download link offers.

OR

An installer program that can extract and install the Flash Player file into ~/Library/Internet Plugins and do so WITHOUT demanding an admin password.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 2, 2011 4:10 AM   in reply to golcern

not just flash its anything you install.  I have the same question and have spent over an hour looking on google.   if you have already figured it out can you answer your own question and post it on here? lol  thanks.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 6, 2011 11:36 AM   in reply to golcern

If this helps at all (and if you're still having trouble), I called tech support from the place where I bought my mac, and he just told me to click "OK" when the screen that asks you for an administrative password pops up. I didn't have to type anything in because the guys who set up my computer didn't set a password, so simply click "OK" and it should start installing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points