Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premier Element 8 can't open any project on Windows 7

Jan 8, 2011 2:54 AM

Once again my Premier Element 8 can't open any project on Windows  7 (64-bit).  This  is same problem that happened to me 6 months ago.  I reported it to the online  Adobe support, but got no help.  Eventually I worked around it on my  own.  Now the problem is back and I can not open any project, even after  rebooting.  The behavour that I see is that I can open a new or old  project, but the Premier window shows-up as having zero size.  The bug  has something to do with the Premier program thinking that the window  size should be zero.  The program shows-up in the active task list, and  the Alt-Tab key shows Premier window has only a window title bar (where  as other active programs show-up as a thumbnail image of their window  contents), and the system taskbar also shows the Premier program as active but only as a window title bar (see attached image below)

AdobePremierBug.png

When  I reported to the online Adobe support forum 6 months ago that I had worked around  the problem, the answer was something like "good that you fix it", BUT Adobe  did not seem to be interested in understanding and fixing the problem.  They just seem relieved when customers can figure-out work-around on  their own.  I see that another peron just reported this same problem on the Adobe forums, and got the same treatment.  He also found a work-around, and the support person replied when "that's nice".  This really bites me where it hurts.  I'm burning  non-productive hours because of their bugs, and they don't care enough  about the bugs to get engineering to fix them.  It's things like this  that make me look for another software vendor.

But today I really do need to work on my video project.  If there is a document work-around for the "Premier show a zero-sized window" bug, PLEASE let me know about it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

-- Ole Pa

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2011 6:50 AM   in reply to Ole Pa

What do you mean by "Premiere Elements shows zero size?"

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2011 9:01 AM   in reply to Ole Pa

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2011 4:42 AM   in reply to Ole Pa

Is it because when you saved the project you had moved it to the your monitor that is not your primary (0,0) monitor?

Rather than being "zero size", for some reason maybe it is being stored fullm size on the far left or right of your screens out of sight

Disconnect one monitor and reboot the computer and see it it reappears in a one monitor setup.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points