Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Font preview in Illustrator CS5 - or font preview plugin available ?????

Jan 10, 2011 5:27 AM

I'm wondering if there is a Font Preview plugin available that will do what Illustrator SHOULD HAVE done for many years - which is to actually allow you to toggle through your font list and display the text you entered in the fonts you are clicking through - - kind of like what CorelDraw has had for the last 15 years.

Imagine that... being able to review text in a selected font to facillitate the selection of an appropriate visual reference for logos, etc.  Earth-shaking, I know.

Sarcasm and frustration aside...  it seems there would be an Illustrator plugin by now that would do this???

Or do I have to continue to have CorelDraw opened up so that I can review text in various fonts to determine the best choice for a given project font???

Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 18, 2011 6:51 AM   in reply to Todd-sta

Built into Illustrator you can preview fonts, but only by their font name.

Picture 4.png

Extensis suitcase is a plug in that allows preview fonts in custom text of your choice.

Picture 3.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2011 12:10 PM   in reply to Todd-sta

Good thing you're on Windows cause then on Mac you wouldn't have CorelDraw open at all.  At least not without VMWare Fusion or another virtual PC.

Aside from that try using "FontExpert 2010".  Aside from being a great font manager it can display all kinds of previews and might be more efficient than viewing fonts through AI's sometimes slow interface.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 4:05 PM   in reply to Todd-sta

Imagine that... being able to review text in a selected font to facillitate the selection of an appropriate visual reference for logos, etc.  Earth-shaking, I know.

Take that, developer.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 6, 2012 4:11 PM   in reply to evanexempt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers