Skip navigation
AAMSE
Currently Being Moderated

Can't "Publish as New Page"

Jan 10, 2011 11:16 AM

I'm in full editing mode in CS5, but when I go to File >> Actions, "Publish as a New Page" is grayed out. This didn't happen in our last version of Contribute. Any ideas as to why this happening? So far I've tried:

• Restarting Contribute
  • Changing the modify permissions to allow for users to edit program files

Nothing has worked.

Thanks for your help with this!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 17, 2011 9:22 PM   in reply to AAMSE

Hi,

Can you try clearing the Preferences? To clear the Preferences:

In Windows -

• Quit Contribute.
    • Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\ and delete the Contribute CS5 folder. (In Windows Vista or Windows 7, go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\ and delete the Contribute CS5 folder.)
    • Also, run reg delete "HKCU\Software\Adobe\Contribute 6" /f

In Mac -

• Quit Contribute.
    • Go to Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/ and delete Contribute CS5 folder.
    • Also, go to Users/<username>/Library/Preferences and delete Adobe Contribute 6 Preferences file.

Now, relaunch Contribute and connect to your website, and edit a web page and check whether you are able to Publish As New Page.

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2011 8:28 AM   in reply to Krishna Prasad B V

Having the same issue with some users and not others who have the same permissions. Did changing the preferences work?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 13, 2011 11:05 PM   in reply to smbale1

Clearing the perfereces is like a fresh installation of Contribute. Please try clearing the preference.

Hope this solves your problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 28, 2011 2:35 PM   in reply to AAMSE

I'm not sure if this will help, but I know from experience when I simply "Connect" to the site/page via Adobe Contribute the "File" > "Actions" > "Publish as new page..." is greyed out for me.  However, when I choose to "Edit Page",  then "File" > "Actions" > "Publish as new page..."  does become available.

The key is to make sure the page you want to "Publish as a new page" is in EDIT mode in Contribute, not just in view mode.

My software and system:

Contribute CS5 version 6.0

Mac OS X version 10.6.8

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points