Skip navigation
njreed
Currently Being Moderated

UNABLE TO OPEN PDF ATTACHMENTS IN E-MAIL

Jan 11, 2011 1:39 PM

Over the past week,I have been unable to open PDF attachments in my AOL webmail.  I encounter no problems with my Outlook Express e-mail.  Why is this suddenly happening and how can I correct the problem?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 12, 2011 2:28 PM   in reply to njreed

Make sure that Adobe reader is set to be your default program to open PDF files.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 12, 2011 9:39 PM   in reply to njreed

To make sure that Adobe Reader is default,

goto Edit->Preferences->Select default PDF Handler. Check the value in the dropdown list "Select Adobe product". If the first value which appears is 'Adobe ReaderX', then Reader X is the default PDF Handler.

Also please let me know the OS you are using.

Is the problem also faced in AOL webmail with any other Adobe Product(like Acrobat X, Reader 9 etc.) if you are using/used any of them?

Thanks,

Shakti

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 11:32 PM   in reply to njreed

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Can you also please tell which version of Adobe Reader or Acrobat are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2011 11:11 AM   in reply to njreed

Hi,

Adobe has released a new version of Reader, Adobe Reader X. Please goto to adobe website and download the latest version. I hope it should solve your problem. Also it has lots of new features added in it.

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 15, 2011 12:39 AM   in reply to njreed

Hi,

Usually deleting Reader 9 is not necessary. Reader X will overwrite Reader 9 and become the default owner. But you can un-install Reader 9 completely and delete the folder C:/Program files/Adobe/Reader 9 if its not automatically deleted. Then install Reader X and try.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2012 4:36 AM   in reply to njreed

There may be some problem iin your PST file just do a PST repair by usinig scanpt.exe and if it will not work just creat a new PST and then try it.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points