Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FujiFilm Finepix 3D-W3: 3D-AVI Format 24fps supported by PremiereProCS5?

Jan 13, 2011 7:36 AM

FujiFilm Finepix 3D-W3: 3D-AVI Format 24fps supported by PremiereProCS5?
---------------------------------------------------------------------- --
I want to know:

1) 3D-Avi format from this camera, that have 24fps, is supported by PremiereProCS5 for import and editing?
2) In PremiereProCS5, what preset I should use to edit the files natively, without having the red Timeline Bar, and without need of rendering the entire video (prior to editing)?
3) Anyone know this camera? Anyone know if it record 2 streams (Left+Right) as 2 separated AVI files that can be edited from Premiere?

Many Thanks!
Horsepower0171.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 13, 2011 8:33 AM   in reply to Horsepower0171

I do not know that camera, or even what CODEC is inside the AVI wrapper.

However, this ARTICLE has some tips, and insights into general 3D editing. There might be something useful in it.

Good luck, and maybe someone can address your questions for this specific camera.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2011 9:52 AM   in reply to Horsepower0171

I'm not aware of any 3D editing capabilities for any version of Premiere Pro.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 15, 2011 3:07 PM   in reply to Horsepower0171

I stumbled across this thread while looking up something similar, I have one of these camera's great bit of kit, the problem I had was seperating out the 2 video images, as they are layered. found this interesting post else where which I thought I would share incase its useful.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/319455-How-to-Demux-avi-with-multip le-video-streams

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 11:13 AM   in reply to D69wookie

Hi, I've read the thread but haven't used GraphStudio before so don;t quite understand. However, I have the same Q in reverse. I want to convert 3D stereo side-by-side MP4s etc in to 2x separate stream AVI (same format the Finepix W3 camera records in), so I can watch them on my glasses free Finepix V3 media player - can anyone help me how to do that pls?

Thnx in advance

Will

|
    Mark as:
    May 13, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to Horsepower0171

Hi, did you find the solution you needed? I've read the thread but haven't used GraphStudio before so don;t quite understand. However, I have the same Q in reverse. I want to convert 3D stereo side-by-side MP4s etc in to 2x separate stream AVI (same format the Finepix W3 camera records in), so I can watch them on my glasses free Finepix V3 media player - can anyone help me how to do that pls?

Thnx in advance

Will

|
    Mark as:
    May 14, 2013 1:04 AM   in reply to Horsepower0171

Folks Scott from VideoHelp.com replied to my thread there:

There are a number of different compositional or layout subformats that can be considered "3D". There are common large categories:

1. Separate Files (usually labeled the same except final view designator, and in same folder), e.g. MyVideo_L.avi & MyVideo_R.avi

2. Separate Streams, muxed together into a single file, e.g. Fuji Finepix W1 & W3 files, Cineform 3D files, StereoscopicPlayer DualMux WMV3D files, Cornucopia 3D streams (yes, that's ME! - I've been doing it this way for ~7 years).(WW: Yes, this one)

3. Single File, Single Stream, but layout is NOT COMPATIBLE with common 2D bandwidth restrictions, e.g. Side-by-side Non-anamorphic 3840x1080, TaB Non-anamorphic 1920x2160, etc.

4. Single File, Single Stream, and layout IS COMPATIBLE with common 2D bandwidth restrictions, e.g. SbS Anamorphic 1920x1080, TaB Anamorphic 1280x720, Anaglyph 1920x1080, etc.

Important: since the V3 only accepts what amounts to basically ONLY W1 or W3 type streams (#2) as input using USB card/memory, trying to remux or demux won't get you what you want, unless your streams are ALREADY of acceptable size, MJPG codec and AVI container (which I doubt).

If your streams are from other sources, you will have to separate the SbS, TaB, etc layouts into their constituent files (which can easily be done with AVISynth (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Avisynth) scripts, Virtualdub (http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Virtualdub) filters, etc) and then mux them correctly into an AVI container. However, you will likely also have to size them correctly AND reencode them to MJPG also. IMO, the most direct way to do this is with a single app: StereoMovieMaker (http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stvmkr/), as it has presets for (inputting &) outputting to the W3 (or W1) format. *Note*: this app isn't as optimized at encoding movie files as it should, and seems limited to outputting to <=2GiB sizes each.

Scott

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2014 11:07 PM   in reply to Horsepower0171

I don’t know about this camera but Fujifilm video camera converter can help you to convert your Fujifilm video into other popular format.

Hope that someone can answer to your query in a proper way.

Thanks

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points